Himachal court advances hearing on Brakel’s hydropower projectApril 23rd, 2009 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 22 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh High Court Wednesday advanced the date of final hearing in a case filed by Reliance Energy challenging the state government’s allotment of a multi-million dollar hydropower project to Dutch firm Brakel Corp.
Reliance Infrastructure, which was one of the bidders for the 960 MW Thopan-Powari-Jangi hydropower project in Kinnaur district, has challenged the state government’s Nov 25, 2008, decision to allot the project to Brakel.
A division bench of Justice Deepak Gupta and Justice V.K. Ahuja advanced the date of hearing from May 18 to May 7, but directed Brakel not to create any “third-party obligations” for the project till the next hearing.
Reliance Infrastructure had earlier filed the petition in the name of Reliance Energy.
Brakel also filed a reply to the Reliance petition, informing the court that the government’s decision was right and that it had been taken after considering its financial and technical capabilities.
During a Jan 8 hearing, Reliance Infrastructure’s plea for staying the signing of the pre-implementation agreement (PIA) between the government and Brakel for executing the hydropower project was rejected by the court.
The government signed the agreement with Brakel April 9.
Reliance has moved the high court three times since the allotment of the project in 2006. Its two earlier petitions against the government were dismissed by the court.
- Himachal wants to re-allot hydro-power project to Brakel - Jul 25, 2010
- Himachal losing Rs.150 crore a year on power project - Aug 23, 2011
- Himachal losing Rs.100-cr a year on delayed hydro project - Apr 05, 2011
- Himachal court cancels allotment of hydropower project to Brakel - Oct 07, 2009
- Dhumal details loss due to delay in hydropower project - Dec 08, 2010
- Court notice to Himachal government over power project - Mar 17, 2010
- Himachal penalises Dutch firm Rs.280 cr for project delay - Dec 05, 2009
- Brakel gets more time to respond to Reliance Energy's petition - Mar 31, 2009
- Probe demanded into Himachal hydropower project contract - Oct 09, 2009
- Himachal Pradesh to issue show-cause notice to Brakel - Oct 22, 2009
- Himachal signs power project agreement with Brakel - Apr 09, 2009
- Reliance Energy takes Himachal government, Brakel to court - Dec 23, 2008
- Brakel gets four weeks to reply on Reliance Energy petition - Jan 08, 2009
- Himachal Pradesh High Court dismisses Reliance Energy petition - Oct 30, 2008
- Himachal Pradesh defers decision on controversial power project - Nov 03, 2008
Tags: ahuja, allotment, bidders, challenging the state, deepak gupta, division bench, dutch firm, himachal pradesh, hydropower project, implementation agreement, mw, petition, petitions, pia, plea, reliance, reply, state government, technical capabilities, three times