Himachal budget March 19February 13th, 2012 - 7:32 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Feb 13 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, who also holds the finance portfolio, will present the state’s budget in the assembly March 19, an official said here Monday.
The budget session will begin March 9 with the address of Governor Urmila Singh, Vidhan Sabha Secretary Goverdhan Singh said in a statement.
The session, with 21 scheduled sittings, will conclude April 6.
The total expenditure in the state’s budget for 2011-12 was pegged at Rs.16,708.47 crore with salaries accounting for Rs.5,881.66 crore, interest payments Rs.2,150.58 crore, loan repayments Rs.960.84 crore and pension Rs.2,210 crore.
The state has its own sources of tax and non-tax revenue. Non-tax revenues are mainly the sale of electricity and royalties on forest produce and extraction of minerals.
- Each Himachal citizen now carries Rs.3.7 crore debt - Aug 31, 2011
- Constitute pay commission within three months: Himachal court - Dec 29, 2011
- Dhumal presents Rs.16,708.47 crore budget (With image) - Mar 09, 2011
- Dhumal in please-all mode in election year (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 03, 2012
- 'India should have more restrained fiscal deficit' - Dec 17, 2011
- Tax on alcohol, tobacco products hiked in Meghalaya budget - Mar 19, 2012
- FM radio frequencies auction to generate Rs.500 crore - Mar 20, 2012
- Jharkhand budget focuses on roads, power and irrigation - Mar 07, 2011
- Himachal budget session begins Monday - Feb 27, 2011
- Disinvestment yield target set at Rs.40,000 crore - Feb 28, 2011
- Mukherjee puts money in one pocket, takes out from others (Roundup) - Mar 16, 2012
- Sources and application of federal budget money - Feb 28, 2011
- Himachal proposes Rs.20,243 crore budget estimates - Mar 20, 2012
- No new taxes in Akhilesh's maiden UP budget - Jun 01, 2012
- Fiscal deficit to remain at 5.5 percent in 2010-11 - Dec 07, 2010
Tags: budget session, chief minister, crore, electricity, extraction of minerals, finance portfolio, himachal, interest payments, loan repayments, march 19, royalties, salaries, shimla, sittings, tax revenues, urmila, vidhan sabha