Himachal, British Columbia sign pactNovember 17th, 2011 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Nov 17 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh and the Canadian province of British Columbia will share technical know-how in the field of energy, forestry, agriculture and tourism, an official statement said here Thursday.
“Himachal Pradesh Chief Secretary Rajwant Sandhu and British Columbia Deputy Minister Diana Hayden signed a ‘letter of intent’ in Chandigarh last (Wednesday) evening,” the statement said.
British Columbia Prime Minister Christy Clark was also present on the occasion.
The ‘letter of intent’ envisages starting developmental programmes of mutual interest in both the countries like exchange of information in the field of energy, forestry, agriculture and tourism.
Himachal Pradesh can make advances in horticulture by importing apple rootstock and can learn more from their hydro system advancement. The other area of mutual benefit is to promote investment and technical linkage between enterprises and projects of cultural, artistic, education and research, it said.
The memorandum of understanding (MoU) would be signed within next six months between the governments, it added.
- Britain keen to invest in Himachal Pradesh - Mar 17, 2011
- Himachal seeks Rs.991 crore rain relief - Nov 28, 2011
- Himachal seeks funds for apple post-harvesting facilities - May 08, 2012
- Canada keen to invest in Himachal: Dhumal - Sep 12, 2011
- 21 hydro projects to start in Himachal this year - Jan 07, 2011
- India, Kazakhstan welcome civil nuclear cooperation agreement - Apr 16, 2011
- Cheers for cherry lovers with bountiful Himachal crop - May 27, 2012
- Himachal, Arunachal to share horticulture techniques - Nov 18, 2010
- Sudripto Roy Himachal's new chief secretary - May 01, 2012
- Himachal seeks central help to promote apple - Jun 30, 2011
- Retail chain to sell Brand Himachal - Sep 16, 2011
- NTPC, Himachal to set up engineering college - Mar 03, 2012
- Himachal targets 9 percent growth (Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- Hira new Himachal chief secretary - Mar 31, 2012
- Himachal to open four restaurants with railways - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: apple rootstock, artistic education, canadian province, chief secretary, christy clark, deputy minister, diana hayden, energy forestry, himachal pradesh, horticulture, hydro system, letter of intent, memorandum of understanding, mou, mutual benefit, mutual interest, province of british columbia, sandhu, sign pact, wednesday evening