Himachal assembly passes 2012-13 budgetMarch 30th, 2012 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, March 30 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh assembly Friday passed the general budget for fiscal 2012-13 and related appropriation bill, authorising the government to spend Rs.21,738.32 crore from the consolidated fund.
With Speaker Tulsi Ram applying the guillotine before the house was adjourned for the day, the bill was moved by Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, who also holds the finance portfolio.
Cut motions moved by the opposition Congress were defeated in the house.
The largest amount allocated was Rs.7,025 crore for the finance department, which included meeting committed liabilities such as repayment of loans and interest payments.
The budgetary allocation of Rs.3,113.78 crore was approved for meeting the expenditure needs of education, followed by Rs.2,642.41 crore for public works, which includes roads and bridges, Rs.1,693.67 crore for irrigation and water supply and Rs.947.85 crore for family and health.
Dhumal had presented a budget for Rs.20,243 crore March 19, which included an annual plan of Rs.3,700 crore.
- Lok Sabha applies guillotine, passes ministries' budgetary demands - Mar 17, 2011
- Air India to get Rs.4,000 crore budget support for 2012-13 - Mar 16, 2012
- Himachal proposes Rs.20,243 crore budget estimates - Mar 20, 2012
- Northeast to get Rs.93 crore for airport development - Feb 28, 2011
- 30 percent jump in budget for disability sector - Mar 16, 2012
- Funds for computerising courts doubled - Mar 16, 2012
- Meagre increase in India's space budget - Mar 16, 2012
- Mukherjee allocates Rs.2,14,000 crore for infrastructure sector - Feb 28, 2011
- Himachal introduces bill to strengthen Lokayukta - Apr 04, 2012
- Himachal's loan liability is Rs.26,651 crore - Aug 29, 2012
- Budgetary boost to space research, atomic energy (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Planning Commission approves Himachal plan for next fiscal - Mar 23, 2012
- Green cess on power, rise in VAT on tobacco in Gujarat budget - Feb 25, 2011
- Indian Railways to borrow $3.3 bn from market in 2012-13 - Mar 14, 2012
- Allocations for space, atomic power departments hiked - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: appropriation bill, budgetary allocation, chief minister, consolidated fund, crore, finance department, finance portfolio, guillotine, himachal pradesh, interest payments, irrigation, march 19, motions, opposition congress, roads and bridges, rs 1, rs 2, rs 21, tulsi, water supply