Himachal asks banks to invest in infrastructural financingJune 8th, 2012 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 8 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh government Friday asked banks to invest in infrastructural financing and focus on micro financing in the state.
Addressing bankers here, Chief Secretary Sudripta Roy said investments in infrastructural financing have vast potential. “The government is encouraging public-private partnership in this field.”
Reviewing the progress under financial inclusion in the state, the chief secretary said the banks have identified 532 unbanked villages with populations of above 1,000 and these villages would be provided banking outlets in this fiscal.
At present, the state has a network of 1,564 bank branches, of which 75 new branches were opened in the previous year.
Executive director of UCO Bank S.Chandrasekharan said the banks have planned to lend Rs.3,211 crore for the agriculture sector under Annual Credit Plan 2012-13.
He said the deposits in banks have grown by 15 percent and maintained at the level of Rs.42,813 crore while annual growth in advances registered at 14 percent and reached the level of Rs.22,146 crore up to March 2012.
- Rs.475,000 crore crop loan target to be surpassed: Pranab - Nov 08, 2011
- Tax-free bond target for infrastructure projects at Rs.60,000 crore - Mar 16, 2012
- Budget highlights 4 - Mar 16, 2012
- Yes Bank to invest Rs.5,000 crore in education infrastructure - Jul 09, 2011
- Prominent highlights of 2012-13 budget - Mar 16, 2012
- Railway budget highlights 7 - Mar 14, 2012
- Budget highlights 8 - Mar 16, 2012
- Budget highlights 7 - Mar 16, 2012
- Public sector banks to disburse Rs.6 lakh crore farm loans: Chidambaram - Aug 25, 2012
- Over 500 Himachal villages to get banks - Jul 04, 2011
- Railway budget highlights 5 - Mar 14, 2012
- Budget highlights 3 - Mar 16, 2012
- Railway budget highlights 3 - Mar 14, 2012
- Prominent hightlights of railway budget for 2012-13 - Mar 14, 2012
- Railway budget highlights 9 - Mar 14, 2012
Tags: agriculture sector, bank branches, banks, chandrasekharan, chief secretary, crore, executive director, himachal pradesh government, inclusion, investments, populations, previous year, public private partnership, rs 42, uco bank, unbanked