Hilarys Kennedy remark may be last nail in her campaign’s coffinMay 26th, 2008 - 12:01 pm ICT by admin
New York, May 26 (ANI): Members of the Kennedy family are furious with Hilary Clinton invoking the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy to explain why she hasnt given up the race to become the Democrat candidate for the next US Presidential elections.
A Kennedy clan member said that Clintons remark could also be the one that dooms her campaign.
“That comment may be the last nail in her campaign’s coffin,” the New York Post quoted the family member, as saying.
“How can Hillary even use the experience argument when she repeatedly pushes the wrong buttons in her comments?”
Added a second relative, “She no longer has only her husband to blame for the ill-chosen comments coming from her camp.”
An insider also said that the remark may cost her the campaign.
“I think people really felt that a line was crossed and that her campaign - and even her legitimacy as a politician - ended today.”
And even Robert Kennedy Jrs support might not be enough for Hilary, , especially with RFK’s 40th death anniversary two weeks away and Sen. Ted Kennedy battling a brain tumour.
The Kennedy family insider added: “I know that many Clinton supporters in New York and New Jersey are sickened by her comments and that they are more concerned with Senator Kennedy’s health and well-being than they are her campaign anymore.”
Clinton was explaining why she was still in the race against Sen. Barack Obama when she said: “My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June. Right?”
Then she added: “We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California.” (ANI)
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Divorces Wife Of 16 Years - Jul 17, 2010
- Clintons camp blames Obama for fanning fire over RKF gaffe - May 26, 2008
- RFK Jr. Initiates Divorce Proceedings - Jul 17, 2010
- Taylor Swift seen kisisng Conor Kennedy - Aug 19, 2012
- Mary Richardson Kennedy Arrested For Drunken Driving - May 22, 2010
- Swift admires the Kennedy family - Sep 02, 2012
- Caroline Kennedy interested in Hillary Clinton''s Senate seat - Dec 06, 2008
- Robert Kennedy, Jr's estranged wife busted for DUI - Aug 25, 2010
- Clinton tops Obama and others in administration: Gallup - Apr 03, 2011
- Robert F.Kennedy's assassin to say he doesn't remember 1968 shooting - Mar 02, 2011
- Is Hilary Duff A Fitness Freak? - Dec 16, 2010
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s wife pleads guilty to impaired driving - Jul 23, 2010
- Taylor Swift dating Conor Kennedy? - Aug 01, 2012
- Robert De Niro to sip coffee with fans for charity! - Apr 20, 2010
- Katie recreates heartbreaking moments as Jackie Kennedy - Aug 18, 2010
Tags: barack obama, bobby kennedy, brain tumour, california primary, clinton supporters, death anniversary, democrat candidate, dooms, hilary clinton, hilarys, kennedy clan, kennedy family, last nail, new york post, presidential elections, rfk, robert f kennedy, robert kennedy, senator kennedy, ted kennedy