Highlights of Delhi budgetMay 29th, 2012 - 12:24 am ICT by IANS
Highlights of the Delhi budget for 2012-13 presented Monday by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit:
- Scholarships for students belonging to th Scheduled Castes (SC), the Scheduled Tribes(ST), other backward classes (OBCs) and the minorities.
- Free text books and cash subsidy for school uniforms ranging between Rs.500-900.
- Food subsidy for two lakh vulnerable households.
- Loans up to Rs.5 lakh for entrepreneurs from SC/ST/OBC and the minorities.
- 2,900 new hospital beds to be added.
- Monthly aid of Rs.1,000 for the HIV-affected poor and Rs.2,050 for orphans.
- Delhi Transport Corp to get 600 new buses.
- Petrol to be cheaper, CNG costlier in Delhi (Second Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Delhi government diverted funds meant for SCs: NGO - Jul 08, 2012
- Delhi to increase loan amount for minorities, Dalits - Nov 16, 2011
- Delhi to get residential school for underprivileged kids - May 14, 2012
- Poor HIV/AIDS infected to get financial aid in Delhi - Jun 30, 2012
- Getting caste certificates to be easier - Aug 01, 2011
- Delhi approves food security scheme for poor - Aug 13, 2012
- Udit Raj welcomes decision on Lokpal reservations - Dec 21, 2011
- No OBC reservation in minority institutions: Court - Jun 25, 2012
- 'Over 95 lakh Muslim students benefited through scholarships' - Aug 23, 2012
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised - Aug 15, 2012
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised (Lead, Correcting date in para one) - Aug 15, 2012
- Dikshit announces job scheme for poor - Jul 31, 2012
- Free flats for scheduled castes, tribes in Delhi - Sep 19, 2011
- Delhi's Rs.15,133 crore annual plan approved - May 04, 2011
Tags: budget, buses, chief minister, food subsidy, free text books, hiv, hospital beds, households, lakh, loans, minorities, obc, orphans, rs 1, rs 2, rs 500, scholarships, school uniforms, sheila dikshit, tribes