High security number plates for Haryana vehiclesJuly 12th, 2012 - 10:01 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 12 (IANS) Authorities in Haryana Thursday began work on affixing ‘tamper proof’ high security number plates on vehicles, which has been declared mandatory in the state.
On the occasion, Additional Chief Secretary (Transport) Ramendra Jakhu said the high security registration plates (HSRP) will be affixed on all vehicles.
The number plate is made of aluminium and has an India scripted hologram and a small laser number written below the registration number. It can not be tampered with.
Besides, the registration number written can be read easily from a distance of 200 meters even during night. When light falls on the plate, the registration number glows.
He said that the registration number plate once fitted on the vehicle can not be removed, it can break but not be removed.
The work of affixing the HSRP has been assigned to a private company.
The rates applicable for preparation of HSRP are, Rs.121 for motorcycle and tractor, Rs.140 for scooter, Rs.161 for three wheelers, Rs.364 for light motor vehicle, car, jeep etc, and Rs.280 for commercial vehicle.
- Chandigarh, Punjab urged to use high security number plates - May 28, 2010
- Green signal for high-security number plates in Delhi - Aug 26, 2011
- Gurgaon steps up effort for high security number plates - Aug 01, 2012
- Kashmir gets high security number plates - Jun 11, 2012
- Plea against high-security number plates for vehicles rejected - Jan 05, 2009
- Fraud by BSNL employees in Aligarh unearthed - Apr 04, 2010
- Chandigarh to have high security number plates - Jul 12, 2011
- Rs.25 lakh foodgrain scam in Bihar flood relief - Jul 24, 2010
- Tripura introduces high security vehicle number plates - Jul 30, 2012
- Chandigarh residents splurge on VIP car numbers (Punjab Newsletter) - Apr 27, 2012
- Bhopal's love affair with jeeps (Feature) - Oct 10, 2011
- Laser wipes paper clean for reuse - May 20, 2012
- Mexican cartels moving drugs in armoured vehicles - Jan 18, 2012
- SC issues notices to transport secretaries over high-security number plates - Apr 07, 2011
- Rs.9 lakh relief for kin of woman killed in accident - May 31, 2011
Tags: aluminium, authorities, chief secretary, glows, high security, hologram, hsrp, India, jeep, light motor vehicle, motorcycle, number plates, private company, registration number, registration plates, scooter, scripted, security number