Hewlett-Packard ties up with Alcatel-LucentJune 18th, 2009 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 18 (IANS) Telecom equipment manufacturer Alcatel Lucent has entered into a 10-year agreement with Hewlett-Packard (HP) to market telecom and IT products and services, it was announced Thursday.
As per the agreement, the companies will jointly market communication solutions among mid and large-size enterprises and public sector units through one-stop-shop business model, a joint statement said.
For this, Alcatel-Lucent products in areas such as IP telephony, unified communications, mobility, security and contact centres will be integrated with HP IT solutions.
These joint solutions will be offered to enterprises through HP resellers or as managed services, the statement said.
The companies will also launch a global go-to-market programme to transform communication networks into converged, next-generation infrastructures.
“We expect customers will be able to create new business opportunities and greater efficiencies from this alliance,” said Mark Hurd, HP chairman and chief executive officer.
HP will also manage a large part of Alcatel-Lucent’s IT.
- HP files suit to block ex-CEO Hurd from taking president's job at Oracle - Sep 08, 2010
- Percept Knorigin inks deal with Alcatel Lucent to provide digital content - Jun 01, 2011
- Arun Seth named chairman of Alcatel-Lucent in India - Jul 06, 2011
- Hewlett-Packard Co. CEO Mark Hurd Resigns As CEO - Aug 07, 2010
- Is Oracle vying to acquire HP? - Sep 23, 2010
- Hewlett-Packard Co. Stock Tumbles As CEO Mark Hurd Resigns - Aug 07, 2010
- HP sues ex-boss Hurd over Oracle move - Sep 08, 2010
- Former HP CEO Mark Hurd Reaches Legal Settlement With Contractor - Aug 08, 2010
- HP completes acquisition of 3PAR for $2.35 billion - Sep 27, 2010
- Jodie Fisher Is "Surprised And Saddened" By Mark Hurd's Dismissal - Aug 09, 2010
- Jodie Fisher is sad that Mark Hurd lost his job due to her disclosures - Aug 09, 2010
- Mark Hurd Joins Oracle, HP Sues Him - Sep 08, 2010
- HP quarterly profit plunges - Nov 22, 2011
- Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - Jun 25, 2012
- Mark Hurd's Resignation To Affect Hewlett-Packard Co. Shares - Aug 09, 2010
Tags: alcatel, alcatel lucent, business model, chief executive officer, communication networks, communication solutions, efficiencies, equipment manufacturer, hewlett packard, hewlett packard hp, hp resellers, lucent, lucent products, mark hurd, new business opportunities, New Delhi, public sector units, shop business, telecom equipment, unified communications