Hero MotoCorp’s October sales up 1.32 percentNovember 1st, 2011 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 1 (IANS) Two-wheeler major Hero MotoCorp Tuesday reported a marginal increase of 1.32 percent in its sales for October at 512,238 units from 505,553 units sold in the like period of last year.
According to the company, it logged an average sales of over five lakh in all three months of second quarter.
“With an average sale of five lakh-plus units in each month of Q2, Hero MotoCorp also registered its highest-ever turnover of Rs.5,829.32 crore,” the company said in a statement.
Earlier, the company reported a second quarter sales growth of 20 percent at 15,44,315 units from 12,85,944 units in the corresponding period of last year.
The company said that it clocked over 6.5 lakh unit retail sales in the month under review, registering a double digit growth over the corresponding month last year.
“The strong double digit growth in our retail sales in October clearly indicates that our new brand identity, campaign and recent launches have received acceptance from our customers,” said Anil Dua, senior vice-president, marketing and sales, Hero MotoCorp.
- Hero MotoCorp's September sales up 26.75 percent - Oct 03, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp Q2 profit rises 19.4 percent - Oct 18, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp first quarter net profit grows by 10.2 percent - Jul 19, 2012
- Strike, interest rates dampen automobile sales - Nov 01, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp's November sales up 27.4 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Hero Honda's second quarter profit down 15.32 percent - Oct 29, 2010
- Auto-industry's mixed results for November sales - Dec 01, 2011
- Sales slowdown for auto companies in May (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Auto sales remain subdued in June (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp expects sales to pick up in festive season - Sep 05, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp's July sales up 14.82 percent - Aug 02, 2011
- Excise duty hike pushes auto sales up in March (Roundup) - Apr 02, 2012
- Auto sales stay on pace in April (Roundup) - May 01, 2012
- Bike sales in August down first time in three years - Sep 10, 2012
- Indian auto makers post record sales in festive October - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: brand identity, double digit growth, hero, lakh, launches, marginal increase, New Delhi, nov 1, quarter sales growth, retail sales, second quarter sales, senior vice president, senior vice president marketing, three months, turnover, two wheeler, vice president marketing