Hero MotoCorp ties up with Erik Buell RacingFebruary 23rd, 2012 - 12:33 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 22 (IANS) Two-wheeler major Hero MotoCorp Wednesday said it has entered into a strategic partnership with US-based Erik Buell Racing for technology and design collaboration to develop high-speed motorcycles.
“This (partnership) is in keeping with my objective of quickly scaling up our own in-house research and development capabilities to a global two-wheeler technology power-house by leveraging a network of strategic international alliances,”said Hero MotoCorp MD and CEO Pawan Munjal.
“The Indian two-wheeler industry is set to evolve, and it is only natural that as the market leader, we are driving this change.”
According to Munjal, the new collaboration may be able to provide new offerings soon.
The company added that the new partnership will also see Hero MotoCorp entry into the international motorcycle as sponsors of Erik Buell Racing’s two teams Team Hero and AMSOIL Hero.
- Hero MotoCorp in technology alliance with Italian firm - Sep 13, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp ropes in new technology partner - Sep 06, 2012
- Auto firms bullish on electric vehicles after government plan - Sep 06, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp expects sales to pick up in festive season - Sep 05, 2012
- Bike sales in August down first time in three years - Sep 10, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp to set up manufacturing plants in Africa - Mar 20, 2012
- Hero launches hybrid concept scooter - Jan 06, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp unveils new range of two-wheelers - Jan 04, 2012
- Hero to merge investment arm with self, invest Rs.2,575 crore - Jun 04, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp Q2 profit rises 19.4 percent - Oct 18, 2011
- Hero Honda is now Hero MotoCorp Limited - Jul 29, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp to sponsor Olympic hockey qualifiers - Jan 31, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp first quarter net profit grows by 10.2 percent - Jul 19, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp launches new motorcycle Impulse - Oct 17, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp's October sales up 1.32 percent - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: ceo, design collaboration, development capabilities, erik buell, hero, high speed, international alliances, international motorcycle, market leader, munjal, New Delhi, objective, offerings, pawan, power house, research and development, speed motorcycles, strategic partnership, ties, two wheeler