Hero MotoCorp first quarter net profit grows by 10.2 percentJuly 19th, 2012 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 19 (IANS) Two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp Thursday reported a 10.2 percent rise in net profit for the first quarter of the current fiscal which stood at Rs.615.46 crore from Rs.557.89 crore recorded in the corresponding quarter of the 2011-12 financial year.
The company reported its best-ever turnover which included proceeds from net sales and other operating income at Rs.6,247.28 crore, an increase of 9.95 percent from Rs.5,681.73 crore recorded in the like period of last fiscal.
The firm’s EBIDTA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation) margin stood at 15 percent.
Sales during the quarter under review stood at 1,642,292 units. The sales according to the company were supported by two consecutive months of highest-ever sales of April and May when it sold 551,557 and 556,644 units respectively.
However, the company gave a pessimistic outlook for sales which it said will be determined by the monsoon.
“Going forward, a lot will depend on a good monsoon and the consequent harvest to get the buyers to exercise their decision to purchase and not postpone it. We have so far seen only a patchy monsoon, and this might reflect on retail sales in rural and upcountry markets in the coming months,” said Pawan Munjal, managing director and chief executive.
“Currency volatility is also a point of concern and the rupee depreciation is likely to impact our margins. However, we remain optimistic of coming back to double digit growth by leveraging our strong brand and the advantage of our wide network.”
The company in recent times has announced investment plans of over Rs.2,500 crore for setting up two new plants in Rajasthan and Gujarat. It also plans to expand capacity at existing factories and develop an integrated research and development (R&D;) centre in Rajasthan.
The expansion plan is envisaged to take the total installed capacity to more than nine million units in two years’ time which is in line with the stated objective of reaching 10 million units in the next five years.
- Hero Honda net profit jumps 13.4 percent - Jul 21, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's Q3 net profit zooms 19 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp's fourth quarter net up 20 percent - May 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's first quarter net up one percent - Jul 18, 2012
- Hero Motocorp's Q3 net profit up 43 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- TVS's Q3 net profit jumps 137 percent - Jan 20, 2011
- HNG posts 14 percent growth in net sales in FY11 - May 23, 2011
- Reliance Comm posts Rs.157 crore Q1 profit - Aug 13, 2011
- Reliance Communications posts Rs.332 crore net profit - May 28, 2012
- McLeod Russel's 2010-11 net profit up 7 percent - May 30, 2011
- Bajaj Auto net profit soars 163 percent - May 18, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's fourth quarter net profit down 45 percent - May 17, 2012
- Tata Teleservices: Net loss is Rs.119.32 crore - Jul 26, 2011
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- Tata Teleservices Q2 net profit falls 9 percent - Oct 25, 2010
Tags: crore, currency volatility, d centre, digit growth, ebidta, expansion plan, gujarat, integrated research, interest tax, investment plans, monsoon, net profit, net sales, operating income, pessimistic outlook, rajasthan, rs 2, rs 6, tax depreciation, two wheeler