Hero Honda, TVS Motor and Honda Motorcycle post higher salesApril 1st, 2009 - 9:39 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 1 (IANS) Even as the Indian two-wheeler industry faces a dip in its sales, companies like Hero Honda, TVS motors and Honda Motorcycles have managed to post growth for the fiscal year 2009 (FY-09).
The two-wheeler sales in the FY-09 have dipped by 333,321 units from 7.755 million units in the previous fiscal.
Reports said that world’s largest two wheeler producer, Hero Honda, sold 3.722 million units for the period under review as against 3.33 million units in FY-08. The company commands more than half of the country’s market share.
The city-based TVS Motor sold just over 1.32 million units logging three percent growth over previous year.
H.S. Goindi, head of sales and marketing at TVS Motors, told IANS: “The year that went past was okay. Nobody gained any major market share. But we are not able to say anything as to how the market would pan out this fiscal though sales during March was good.”
On its part Honda Motorcycle, in a press statement, said that it sold just over 1.07 million units last fiscal as against 907,207 units sold the previous year.
The company has stated that it had improved its market share to 14 percent in FY-09, an improvement of nearly three percent from the last year.
- Smooth ride for two-wheeler makers in February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in March - Apr 02, 2012
- Indian automobile sector's March sales soar (Roundup) - Apr 01, 2011
- Honda Motorcycle logs growth, TVS Motor slips in February - Mar 01, 2012
- TVS Motors closes March and fiscal with higher sales - Apr 01, 2011
- Good take-off for two-wheelers in 2011, companies mark sales growth (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp expects sales to pick up in festive season - Sep 05, 2012
- Interest rates, fuel price hike dampen automobile sector (Roundup) - Jun 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 14 percent sales growth in April - May 01, 2011
- Auto sales stay on pace in April (Roundup) - May 01, 2012
- Indian auto makers post record sales in festive October - Nov 01, 2010
- TVS Motor logs five percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012
- TVS Motor sales up by 24 percent in February - Mar 01, 2011
- Bike sales in August down first time in three years - Sep 10, 2012
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012