Hero Honda quarterly net profit plunges 16.2 percentMay 4th, 2011 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 4 (IANS) Two-wheeler major Hero Honda Motors Ltd Wednesday reported a 16.2 percent decrease in net profit at Rs.502 crore for the quarter ended March 31 against Rs.599 crore during the like period of the corresponding fiscal owing to rising input costs.
Its total income, however, increased by 30.79 percent at Rs.5,391 crore during the quarter under review as compared to Rs.4,122 crore during the like period of the previous fiscal, the company said in a regulatory filing.
Two-wheeler sales of the company during the quarter under review stood at 1,454,431 units, a 22.58 percent rise against 1,186,536 units in the like period last fiscal.
The company has declared an interim dividend of Rs.35 per equity share of Rs.2 each.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the shares of the country closed 3.63 percent lower at Rs.1,600.10.
- Hero MotoCorp's fourth quarter net up 20 percent - May 02, 2012
- TVS Motor's third quarter net profit up 1.39 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- TVS Motors closes March and fiscal with higher sales - Apr 01, 2011
- Hero Motocorp's Q3 net profit up 43 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's Q3 net profit zooms 19 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- Indian automobile sector's March sales soar (Roundup) - Apr 01, 2011
- TVS's Q3 net profit jumps 137 percent - Jan 20, 2011
- Bharat Forge's Q1 net profit up 64 percent - Aug 10, 2011
- Hero Honda net profit jumps 13.4 percent - Jul 21, 2011
- Magma Fincorp Q1 net jumps 93 percent - Jul 12, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's third quarter profit jumps 40 percent - Jan 19, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines third quarter loss at Rs.444 crore - Feb 16, 2012
- Bajaj Auto net profit jumps two-fold - Feb 02, 2010
- Hero Honda's third quarter net profit down 20 percent - Feb 02, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp first quarter net profit grows by 10.2 percent - Jul 19, 2012