Hefner to sell Playboy to Branson?May 27th, 2009 - 12:09 am ICT by IANS
London, May 26 (IANS) Playboy chief Hugh Hefner is reportedly lining up British billionaire Sir Richard Branson to take over his empire.
Hefner’s company, founded 56 years ago, is battling recession and rise in internet pornography, with the firm recently posting losses of $13 million (8.6 million pounds) for the first three quarter of 2009, reports contactmusic.com.
Sources suggest the 83-year-old is thinking of retiring and courting the Virgin boss as a potential buyer with a price-tag set at $300 million (200 million pounds).
- Hugh Hefner may sell Playboy empire - May 26, 2009
- Hefner doesn't mind being used - Jul 27, 2012
- Hugh Hefner dead: Internet hoax - Jul 12, 2011
- Lohan to show nude pics on DeGeneres show - Dec 07, 2011
- Space visit on Theron's wish list - May 28, 2012
- Hugh Hefner to have a prenup with Crystal Harris - Apr 08, 2011
- New ad shows Pitt's younger brother's lifestyle - Jul 03, 2012
- Is Hefner dating Harris again? - Jun 05, 2012
- Penthouse founder dead - Oct 21, 2010
- Crystal Harris back in Playboy mansion - Jun 01, 2012
- Branson loses autobiography in blaze - Aug 29, 2011
- Hefner honoured with humanitarian award - Feb 14, 2012
- Branson to work as air hostess on AirAsia flight - Nov 17, 2010
- Soon, Sir Richard Branson's space tourism reality show - Jan 18, 2010
- Playboy founder Hugh Hefner reaches deal to buy back his porn empire - Jan 11, 2011