Heavy Engineering Corp net profit up 286 percentApril 4th, 2009 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, April 4 (IANS) State-run Heavy Engineering Corp (HEC) Saturday reported a 286.33 percent jump in its net profit last fiscal.
“During 2008-09, the company has posted a profit of Rs.16.11 crore, compared to Rs.4.17 crore in 2007-08,” HEC Chairman-cum-Managing Director G.K. Pillai told reporters.
This is the third consecutive year HEC is clocking net profit, a “considerable improvement” given the fact that the company was on the verge of closure in 2004 because of bad performance.
The company’s net sales stood at Rs.420.95 crore last fiscal, 13 percent up from Rs.372.53 crore a year before, an official statement said.
HEC has also reported 7.78 percent growth in production.
The engineering major expects its sales to grow to Rs.550 crore and profit to touch Rs.25.12 crore in 2009-10.
“At present HEC has orders worth Rs.736 crore from Rourkela Steel Plant, Rs.493 crore from Bhilai Steel Plant and Rs.135 crore from Bokaro Steel Plant,” Pillai said.
The company is also working on some space projects of the Indian Space and Research Organisation (ISRO) and others.
- HEC posts Rs.26.93 crore profit in 2009-10 - Apr 06, 2010
- GAIL's second quarter net up 18.50 percent - Oct 24, 2011
- Balmar Lawrie Q1 net up marginally - Aug 14, 2012
- Tube Investments logs 37 percent net profit growth - Apr 30, 2012
- Usha Martin Q4 net dips almost 60 percent - May 10, 2012
- Usha Martin's Q1 net profit dips 38.7 percent - Jul 29, 2011
- Hindustan Unilever's third quarter net profit up 18 percent - Feb 06, 2012
- Emami to make Rs.1.25 billion capital expenditure - Aug 08, 2012
- Carborundum Universal net down by 31 percent - Aug 07, 2012
- GAIL's third quarter net profit up 12.52 percent - Jan 18, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro's third quarter net profit up 18 percent - Jan 23, 2012
- CEAT reports Rs. 41.5 cr net profit in Q4 - May 09, 2012
- Sonata Software net dips 64 percent in second quarter - Nov 04, 2011
- ITC's second quarter net up 21.46 percent - Oct 24, 2011
- Ranbaxy reports Rs.464.6 crore net loss - Nov 09, 2011
Tags: april 4, closure, crore, heavy engineering, hec, indian space, isro, managing director, net profit, net sales, pillai, research organisation, space projects, steel plant, third consecutive year, verge