HDFC Standard Life sells 4,000 Smart Woman policiesJuly 24th, 2012 - 6:17 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 24 (IANS) Private life insurer HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Ltd has sold around 4,000 Smart Woman policies targeted at women since its launch last month, said a senior official.
Speaking to reporters here Tuesday, Sanjay Tiwari, vice president (strategy and product) said: “Till date we have sold around 4,000 HDFC Life Smart Woman Plan, a unit linked insurance policy (ULIP). The average premium per policy is around Rs.30,000.”
The company is targeting the urban woman for this product, he said.
Tiwari said the policy is designed to take care of the specialised risks that women are exposed to - pregnancy complications or birth of child with congenital disorder; cancer of female organs and death of spouse - apart from other usual risks.
He said the company is in the process of launching new products — both ULIP and traditional insurance policies.
- 'ULIPs have potential for life insurers despite curbs' - Nov 22, 2010
- HDFC Standard Life to consolidate gains of direct sales force - Mar 08, 2012
- ING Vysya Life to raise equity base by Rs.227 crore - Aug 24, 2010
- Regulators' tussle leaves life insurers worried - Apr 11, 2010
- IRDA asks life insurers to defy SEBI ban (Lead) - Apr 11, 2010
- Aegon Religare targeting Rs.500 crore premium in 2010-11 - Oct 08, 2010
- More than 250 ULIPs sucked out of the market - Sep 02, 2010
- Penalty on HDFC Standard Life seen as warning - Jul 03, 2012
- Bajaj Allianz to launch gender-based pricing of health policy - Aug 31, 2012
- Reliance launches online life insurance product - Jun 20, 2012
- Aegon Religare Life to expand online product offering - Oct 07, 2010
- IRDA is micro managing life insurers: Experts - Jul 19, 2010
- IRDA move will kill variable insurance segment: Industry - Oct 23, 2010
- Life insurance firms mull riders to take policyholders for a ride - Aug 01, 2010
- Day after truce, SEBI says order applies to new ULIPs - Apr 13, 2010
Tags: cancer, company ltd, congenital disorder, female organs, insurance, insurance policy, launch, life insurance company, life insurer, pregnancy complications, private life, sanjay, smart woman, standard life insurance, standard life insurance company, traditional insurance policies, vice president, woman plan