HCL to provide IT infrastructure to FreescaleSeptember 19th, 2012 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, S Sep 19 (IANS) Indian IT services major HCL Technologies has bagged a multi-million dollar five-year deal to provide IT infrastructure management to the US-based chip maker Freescale Semiconductor.
“We will transform and manage Freescale’s IT infrastructure operations spanning desktop support, compute, storage, database, telecom, process automation and compliance,” HCL senior vice-president Vinod Chandran said in a statement Wednesday.
As the chip maker’s technology partner, HCL will use its management tools as a service and gold standard processes for executing the long-term contract.
“Our tools will enable Freescale to develop resilient systems, optimise operational costs and reduce technology complexity to sustain highest level of customer service and drive innovation,” Chandran, who also heads HCL’s infrastructure services division in North America, asserted.
Noting that the multi-billion dollar semiconductor industry was dynamic, fast paced and competitive, Freescale IT infrastructure director Hal Yarbrough said HCL would build a robust and agile IT environment required to keep pace with innovation and explore next-generation opportunities worldwide.
“HCL’s ability to identify transformational opportunities through its domain expertise was evident in the RFP (request for proposals) process”, Freescale IT infrastructure programme manager Dani Guthrie pointed out.
With a decade of domain expertise, expansive service capabilities and mature business models, HCL is poised to help Freescale create value for its customers and accelerate the pace for its mission-critical and novel inventions.
HCL will deliver services to Freescale in 20 countries, handling a user base of 19,000 employees spread across 80 different locations.
“We will also leverage HCL’s global delivery centres in Poland and Shanghai in China for multilingual helpdesk support,” Yarbrough noted.
HCL’s clientele includes 20 percent of Fortune 100 organisations and has 280 customers from Fortune 1000 firms.
- HCL to provide IT services to US insurance group - Feb 15, 2012
- Jet inks $62 mn IT services deal with IBM - Sep 21, 2010
- Microsoft opens global delivery centre in Bangalore - Dec 08, 2011
- Intelligent hospital kiosk for quick health tests - Aug 19, 2010
- HCL Technologies, New Zealand's Finzsoft tie up - Jun 27, 2011
- HCL to provide IT services to Etisalat customers - May 09, 2011
- IMImobile deploys IBM software - Mar 06, 2012
- Intel chips to power servers for cloud computing - Jul 15, 2011
- HCL Technologies signs deal with Deutsche Bank - Sep 21, 2011
- Tata Consultancy, Hilton Worldwide tie up for IT services - Dec 22, 2010
Tags: chandran, chip maker, delivery centres, domain expertise, drive innovation, fortune 100, freescale semiconductor, global delivery, hcl technologies, infrastructure management, infrastructure operations, infrastructure services division, mature business, process automation, resilient systems, rfp request, semiconductor industry, service capabilities, technology complexity, transformational opportunities