HCL to acquire 20 percent stake in Techmart TelecomDecember 30th, 2010 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 30 (IANS) HCL Infosystems Limited Thursday said it has signed a share purchase agreement to acquire 20 percent stake in Techmart Telecom Distribution, a Dubai-based partner of Nokia Corporation, the company said in a statement “In addition to the 20 percent equity stake, HCL Infosystems will be providing consultancy and operational services to Techmart Telecom, leveraging the company’s expertise in the telecom distribution space,” the statement said.
Techmart Telecom Distribution is the distributor for Nokia’s smartphones in the Middle East and Africa. With this strategic development, HCL Infosystems will now strengthen its global distribution footprint in the emerging markets of Middle-East and Africa.
“We have taken another step in further expanding into emerging markets of Middle East and Africa,” said HCL Infosystems’ Chief Executive Officer Harsh Chitale.
The agreement also provides an option to HCL to acquire upto 51 percent of equity stake in the company.
- HCL Infosystem to acquire companies in emerging markets - Oct 21, 2010
- HCL Info partners Consolidated Gulf to sell products in Qatar - Jul 16, 2012
- HCL Infosystems picks up 60 percent stake in Dubai firm - Jul 08, 2010
- HCL Infosystems to sell arm to Tikona - Jan 19, 2011
- HCL Infosystems' Dubai arm signs deal with Emirates group - Nov 10, 2010
- HCL Infosystems Q3 net profit dips marginally - Jan 28, 2011
- P. Balaji new Nokia India vice president, managing director - Jul 13, 2012
- HCL Infosystems Q1 net profit down by 19.5 percent (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Nargis Fakhri is HCL Infosystems' brand ambassador - Aug 31, 2012
- `Mahindras to seal deal with Ssangyong by early next year' - Nov 11, 2010
- Bharti Airtel expands service agreement with Ericsson - Nov 28, 2011
- Airtel touches 50 million customers mark in Africa - Nov 30, 2011
- HCL Infosystems bags Rs.250 crore BSNL order - Jan 31, 2011
- Zain confirms nod to Bharti's offer for African telecom assets - Mar 25, 2010
- Bharti to ink final agreement with Kuwait's Zain Tuesday - Mar 29, 2010
Tags: africa, chief executive officer, distribution space, emerging markets, equity stake, footprint, global distribution, hcl infosystems, middle east, New Delhi, nokia, nokia corporation, operational services, percent stake, share purchase agreement, smartphones, strategic development, techmart, telecom