HCL Technologies makes counter-bid for AxonSeptember 26th, 2008 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 26 (IANS) Software services provider company HCL Technologies Ltd has launched a counter bid to acquire British company Axon Group Plc following an offer of another Indian software services major, Infosys.Axon Group Plc is valued at around 441.1 million pounds ($810.8 million). HCL has offered to pay 650 pence in cash for each Axon share.
HCL’s offer is at 8.3 percent premium to Infosys’ offer of 600 pence per Axon share, including interest dividend.
Infosys Technologies has valued Axon at around 407 million pounds.
The counter offer was made by HCL EAS Limited, indirect arm of HCL Technologies.
Vineet Nayar, chief executive officer of HCL Technologies, said: “We see Axon as an opportunity for HCL to become a significant player in the SAP services space.”
“I am excited about the high performance and employee-centric cultural synergy between HCL and Axon that would help accelerate the process of integration between the two teams,” Nayar added.
- Axon investors approve buyout by HCL Technologies - Nov 25, 2008
- Axon pitches for HCL offer, Infosys mulls options - Oct 02, 2008
- Infosys urges Axon shareholders not to go for HCL bid (Lead) - Sep 27, 2008
- HCL completes Axon acquisition - Dec 15, 2008
- Infosys rules out hike in offer price for Axon - Oct 10, 2008
- Infosys in no hurry to outbid HCL for Axon - Oct 03, 2008
- Axon shares jump after Infosys offer; counterbid predicted - Aug 26, 2008
- Nigerian bank deploys Infosys' Finacle software - Apr 16, 2012
- HCL Q1 net profit falls 35 percent - Oct 20, 2010
- Axon buyout will protect Infosys from US slowdown: CEO - Aug 27, 2008
- HCL Technologies quarterly net profit rises 50 percent - Oct 18, 2011
- HCL Technologies, New Zealand's Finzsoft tie up - Jun 27, 2011
- HCL Technologies quarterly net profit rises 26.37 percent - Apr 20, 2011
- HCL Technologies net profit surges 62 percent - Jul 27, 2011
- Infosys buys British consulting firm for $753 mn (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2008