HCL Q3 net profit dips 41.9 percentApril 22nd, 2009 - 2:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 22 (IANS) HCL Technologies Ltd, a leading information technology (IT) company, Wednesday reported a 41.9 percent dip in its profit to $30.4 million (Rs.1,525.7 million) for the quarter ended March 31, 2009 as compared to $52.4 million (Rs 2,630.80 million) in the same period a year before.
The company’s total income decreased 17.7 percent to Rs.10,930.7 million in the third quarter this year from Rs.13,291.3 million, a company statement said.
The group’s net income too dipped 49.6 percent to $43 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2009 as compared to $85.4 million in the same period last year.
The total revenues however, increased 18 percent to $564.4 million from $477.5 million, the statement said.
The company said it won deals worth $1.5 billion over the last nine months, sealing 11 new contracts with customers including Nasdaq, Shoprite and Xerox.
“HCL’s response to the challenging environment has been focussed on growth and investing in emerging trends and solutions that create value for our customers,” chief executive Vineet Nayar said in a statement.
- HCL Technologies quarterly net profit rises 12 percent - Jan 19, 2011
- Wage hike dips Wipro net, projects flat growth - Jul 20, 2011
- Bharti Airtel quarterly revenue rises by 17 percent - Feb 08, 2012
- No impact of uncertainty on IT business: Premji (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Reliance Comm posts Rs.157 crore Q1 profit - Aug 13, 2011
- Essar Oil's Q3 net loss at Rs.3,986 crore - Feb 17, 2012
- HCL Technologies quarterly net profit rises 26.37 percent - Apr 20, 2011
- HCL Technologies net profit surges 62 percent - Jul 27, 2011
- HCL Technologies quarterly net profit rises 50 percent - Oct 18, 2011
- Wipro's IT outlook remains flat on marginal growth (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- DLF's Q1 net profit down 55 percent - Aug 02, 2011
- HCL Technologies in Washington to create 400 jobs - Sep 22, 2011
- Infosys profits from weak rupee, lowers dollar guidance (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Bharti Airtel quarterly net income down 28 percent (Lead) - May 02, 2012
Tags: 5 million, chief executive, contracts, dips, hcl technologies ltd, leading information technology, nasdaq, net income, net profit, New Delhi, nine months, q3, quarter ended march, rs 1, rs 2, shoprite, xerox