HCL Infosystems Q3 net profit dips marginallyJanuary 28th, 2011 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 28 (IANS) HCL Infosystems Ltd Friday reported a marginal decline of 0.19 percent in its net profit during the quarter ended December 2010 at Rs.55.98 crore as against Rs.56.09 crore in the same period last fiscal.However, the net income from operations of the company increased by 2.75 percent at Rs.3,115.14 crore for the quarter under review as against Rs.3,031.49 crore during the same period in the corresponding fiscal.
While the revenue generated from the computer systems business stood at Rs.1,040 crore, telecommunications and office automation accounted for Rs.2104 crore.
“This quarter has witnessed our growth programs kicking in with us ending it with an all time high order book. There have been some key wins in the system integration space across sectors further strengthening our order pipeline and on the other hand our computer hardware business has also recorded good growth,” said Harsh Chitale, chief executive officer, HCL Infosystems Ltd.
The company recently did a strategic acquisition in the Middle East and is actively looking at inorganic growth with a focus to expand both the geographical presence and further enhance their IT services capability.
“We are clearly investing in the future and as we do so a new face of HCL Infosystems is unravelling with each day,” said Ajai Chowdhry, chairman HCL Infosystems Ltd.
“As we are a growing business, there are investments being made for capacity building along with seeking opportunities to both grow organically and inorganically,” he added.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the shares of the company closed up 0.33 percent at Rs.106.
- HCL Infosystems Q1 net profit down by 19.5 percent (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- HCL Infosystem to acquire companies in emerging markets - Oct 21, 2010
- HCL Infosystems to sell arm to Tikona - Jan 19, 2011
- Harsh Chitale new CEO of HCL Infosystems - Oct 01, 2010
- HCL Infosystems picks up 60 percent stake in Dubai firm - Jul 08, 2010
- HCL Infosystems Q1 net profit down by 19.5 percent - Oct 27, 2010
- Carborundum Universal net down by 31 percent - Aug 07, 2012
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- HCL Technologies quarterly net profit rises 26.37 percent - Apr 20, 2011
- Succession Planning: Some hiccups, but Indian IT shows the way (Comment) - Jun 16, 2011
- HCL to acquire 20 percent stake in Techmart Telecom - Dec 30, 2010
- Nargis Fakhri is HCL Infosystems' brand ambassador - Aug 31, 2012
- TEECL net profit up 24 percent in Q1 - Jul 18, 2011
- HCL Technologies net profit surges 62 percent - Jul 27, 2011
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
Tags: bombay stock exchange, capacity building, chief executive officer, computer systems business, crore, dips, geographical presence, hardware business, hcl infosystems ltd, jan 28, net income, net profit, New Delhi, new face, office automation, q3, quarter ended december, revenue generated from, rs 1, system integration