HCL completes Axon acquisitionDecember 15th, 2008 - 9:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 15 (IANS) HCL Technologies Monday announced it has successfully acquired leading UK-based SAP consulting company, Axon Group, for 440 million pounds in an all-cash deal.“The merger of Axon and HCL SAP practice presents a great opportunity for bringing new capabilities to the market with a truly global delivery model. We welcome Axon employees into the HCL family in the form of HCL Axon,” HCL Technologies’ Vineet Nayar said.
HCL is one of the leading software companies in India, clocking over $4 billion in revenues.
Added Steve Cardell, HCO Axon president: “HCL Axon has enormous potential, given the complementary strengths of both companies.”
Some industry analysts earlier argued that acquiring Axon would not be a good bet for HCL as it would be difficult to make the acquisition work out financially, given the global financial crisis.
- HCL Technologies net profit surges 62 percent - Jul 27, 2011
- HCL Technologies quarterly net profit rises 50 percent - Oct 18, 2011
- Axon investors approve buyout by HCL Technologies - Nov 25, 2008
- HCL Technologies makes counter-bid for Axon - Sep 26, 2008
- HCL bags deal from Norway-based Statoil - Feb 13, 2012
- HCL Technologies quarterly net profit rises 26.37 percent - Apr 20, 2011
- HCL Technologies quarterly net profit rises 12 percent - Jan 19, 2011
- Infosys in no hurry to outbid HCL for Axon - Oct 03, 2008
- HCL Q1 net profit falls 35 percent - Oct 20, 2010
- HCL Technologies, New Zealand's Finzsoft tie up - Jun 27, 2011
- NIIT acquires Spanish IT firm Proyecta - Aug 16, 2011
- HCL software delivery centre in Dublin soon - Sep 20, 2011
- Tata Communications eyeing British C&W; Worldwide - Mar 01, 2012
- HCL ties up with Sahara Petroleum - Dec 03, 2009
- Infosys buys British consulting firm for $753 mn (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2008