HCL bags $350 million outsourcing deal from Reader’s DigestMarch 16th, 2009 - 2:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 16 (IANS) HCL Technologies, a leading global IT solutions major, Monday announced a $350-million deal from Reader’s Digest spread over seven years to provide a wide range of outsourcing services.
The scope of the deal with Reader’s Digest Association includes development of software applications, infrastructure support, network security, data storage, disaster recovery and support for data centres, a company statement said.
These solutions will be enabled through an integrated helpdesk in 14 languages - Portuguese, French, Russian, Czech, Spanish, Polish, Finnish, German, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Romanian, Slovak and Turkish.
HCL will support such services across 45 countries through its global delivery locations in Poland, the US and India, supported by a worldwide onsite support network.
“We expect HCL will bring down cost of operations significantly, while improving services and bringing cutting-edge technology and capabilities to transform our IT functionality and service,” said Al Perruzza, senior vice president, global operations, for Reader’s Digest.
The $5 billion HCL group, founded in 1976 and among the early entrants in the country’s information technology industry, comprises two companies listed on India bourses - HCL Technologies and HCL Infosystems.
Its team comprises over 59,000 professionals in some 20 countries who work with several leading Fortune 1000 firms, including leading IT and Technology firms, the company said.
Headquartered at Pleasantville, New York, Reader’s Digest Association publishes 92 magazines, including 50 editions of Reader’s Digest - touted as the world’s largest-circulation magazine.
It also operates 65 branded websites to generate 18 million unique visitors per month and sells some 68 million books, music and video products across the world each year.
- HCL bags 350 million dollars Readers Digest deal - Mar 16, 2009
- HCL to provide IT infrastructure to Freescale - Sep 19, 2012
- HCL Info partners Consolidated Gulf to sell products in Qatar - Jul 16, 2012
- HCL Infosystems' Dubai arm signs deal with Emirates group - Nov 10, 2010
- HCL Infosystems picks up 60 percent stake in Dubai firm - Jul 08, 2010
- HCL Infosystems bags IT project from Punjab and Sind bank - Mar 09, 2011
- HCL to acquire 20 percent stake in Techmart Telecom - Dec 30, 2010
- HCL Infosystems launches Rs.10,490 tablet in India - Oct 14, 2011
- HCL Infosystem to acquire companies in emerging markets - Oct 21, 2010
- HCL bags deal from Norway-based Statoil - Feb 13, 2012
- HCL Technologies, New Zealand's Finzsoft tie up - Jun 27, 2011
- HCL to provide IT services to US insurance group - Feb 15, 2012
- HCL to provide IT services to Etisalat customers - May 09, 2011
- HCL Infosystems to sell arm to Tikona - Jan 19, 2011
- Jet inks $62 mn IT services deal with IBM - Sep 21, 2010
Tags: circulation magazine, cutting edge technology, delivery locations, disaster recovery, fortune 1000, global delivery, global it solutions, global operations, hcl group, hcl technologies, improving services, information technology industry, infrastructure support, million unique visitors, onsite support, pleasantville new york, reader s digest, senior vice president, technology firms, world each year