HCL bags 350 million dollars Readers Digest dealMarch 16th, 2009 - 6:13 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 16 (ANI): Indias leading offshore IT and software development company, the HCL on Monday announced that it has bagged a seven year 350 million dollars IT services outsourcing contract from media and marketing house Readers Digest Association (RDA).
According to a HCL statement, under the deal, the IT giant would re-build and migrate RDAs mainframe environment to its New Jersey data centre facility.
HCL Technologies would also provide application development and infrastructure support across the application stack of Oracle, open technologies, main frame, infrastructure support for network, security, storage, end user computing and data centres.
RDA Senior Vice President for Global Operations Al Perruzza said that the IT firm would bring down cost of operations significantly.
IT is a key enabler to our business. We expect that HCL will bring down cost of operations significantly, while improving services and bringing technology and capabilities to transform our IT functionality and service, Perruzza added.
On the sourcing side, the HCL would be taking over several existing IT contracts from RDA and would manage them over the engagement period. (ANI)
- HCL to provide IT infrastructure to Freescale - Sep 19, 2012
- HCL bags $350 million outsourcing deal from Reader's Digest - Mar 16, 2009
- Indian outsourcer HCL acquires data centre in US - Aug 04, 2009
- Wipro Infocrossing to set up new data centre in US - Nov 17, 2010
- Wipro unveils platform to speed up drug development - Oct 05, 2010
- Reliance Communications bags Rs.150 crore government orders - Aug 30, 2012
- HCL Info partners Consolidated Gulf to sell products in Qatar - Jul 16, 2012
- HCL to provide IT services to Etisalat customers - May 09, 2011
- Wipro, Oracle strengthen ties, to foster growth for customers - Sep 09, 2010
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- HCL to provide IT services to US insurance group - Feb 15, 2012
- HCL Infosystems' Dubai arm signs deal with Emirates group - Nov 10, 2010
- India's data services market at Rs.11,800 crore by 2012 - Apr 21, 2011
- HCL bags deal from Norway-based Statoil - Feb 13, 2012
- Infosys offers multi-function human resource solutions - Nov 06, 2009
Tags: application development, application stack, bringing technology, enabler, engagement period, global operations, hcl technologies, improving services, indias, infrastructure support, main frame, mainframe environment, million dollars, network security, New Delhi, oracle, readers digest association, security storage, senior vice president, software development company