Hazira Port to develop cargo terminalsMay 15th, 2009 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
Hazira (Gujarat), May 15 (IANS) Hazira Port Pvt Ltd (HPPL) is planning to develop cargo berthing facilities at Hazira port in south Gujarat at an investment of $400-500 million, a top official said Friday.
HPPL is a joint venture between the Royal Dutch Shell Group and India’s Total Group.
The cargo facilities would be operational in four years, the official told IANS.
The plans include construction of two berths to receive non-chemical containers and another for speciality chemicals for south Gujarat’s chemical zone in the Vapi-Ankleshwar area.
US-based Citigroup has already been appointed as the consultant for the terminal project.
Additionally, there are plans to augment the liquefied natural gas (LNG) handling capacity at the Hazira port from the current level of 2.5 million tonnes to 3.75 million tonnes by 2009-end, the official added.
HPPL currently operates a 2.5-million-tonne LNG terminal at the Hazira port.
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- Essar Group doubles steel capacity at Hazira, Gujarat - Feb 24, 2012
- Traffic at major ports to grow to 1214.82 million tonnes by 2020 - Apr 29, 2011
- Adani Group acquires port in Australia - May 03, 2011
- IOC to set up LNG terminal in Chennai - Mar 22, 2012
- GSPCL spot LNG cargo lands at Dahej - Apr 22, 2010
- Essar Steel commissions Phase 1 of Odisha pellet plant - Apr 09, 2012
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- Sterlite-Leighton to build multipurpose berth at Paradip port - Jul 05, 2010
- GSPC-Gazprom tie up for LNG supply - Jan 11, 2011
- Petronet LNG to soon finalise investment in power sector - Sep 08, 2011
- LNG facility for GM plant in Gujarat inaugurated - Sep 22, 2010
- Russia's Gazprom to supply LNG to India - Jul 21, 2011
- New Orissa port receives first ultra-large vessel - Jul 25, 2011
- Bangladesh signs LNG import deal with Qatar - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: 5 million, berths, cargo facilities, cargo terminals, chemical containers, citigroup, gas lng, hppl, India, joint venture, liquefied natural gas, pvt ltd, royal dutch shell, royal dutch shell group, south gujarat, speciality chemicals, terminal project, tonnes, vapi