Hasan Ali’s associate sent to ED custody till March 30 (Lead)March 24th, 2011 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 24 (IANS) A Mumbai sessions court Thursday remanded Kolkata-based businessman Kashinath Tapuriah to the custody of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) till March 30 for his alleged links with Hasan Ali Khan, said to the India’s biggest tax evader.
According to ED sources, Tapuriah, 74, was arrested here by the ED earlier Thursday after he was questioned for three days.
“Mr. Tapuria has been sent to the custodial remand of the ED till March 30 for his alleged role in assisting Mr. Khan in money laundering,” Tapuriah’s lawyer Abad Ponda told IANS.
Tapuriah is alleged to have played a major role in the transfer of money to a Swiss bank via Khan’s investments in 14 of his companies.
Tapuria’s Kolkata residence and office were searched by the ED earlier this month as his name had cropped up in the documents recovered from Khan’s Pune residence.
Khan’s custodial remand of the ED ends Thursday.
- Hasan Ali associate arrested - Mar 24, 2011
- Hasan Ali fears threat to life from Tapuriah - Mar 25, 2011
- Hasan Ali sent to judicial custody till April 8 - Mar 25, 2011
- Hasan Ali's judicial custody extended till April 26 - Apr 13, 2011
- Black money case: Hasan Ali's wife to be present in SC tomorrow - Mar 27, 2011
- Hasan Ali chargesheeted by ED - May 06, 2011
- Hasan Ali case: ED to submit status report before Supreme Court - Mar 28, 2011
- Tapuriah granted anticipatory bail - Jun 13, 2011
- Hasan Ali's judicial custody extended till Wednesday - May 09, 2011
- Hasan Ali sent to judicial custody till April 8 (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Hasan Ali case: Tapuria in ED custody for three more days - Mar 30, 2011
- Hasan Ali case: Enforcement Directorate to question Tapuriah, Pandey - Apr 18, 2011
- Enforcement Directorate arrests farm owner Khan's business partner - Mar 24, 2011
- Hasan Ali's judicial custody extended till June 2 - May 19, 2011
- Apex court pulls up centre on Hasan Ali case - May 12, 2011