Haryana wants softer loans for mushroom growersFebruary 8th, 2011 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Feb 8 (IANS) Seeking that mushroom growers be treated at par with agriculturists, the Haryana government has decided to urge the central government to provide them with softer loan options, a senior government official said Tuesday.Financial Commissioner and Principal Secretary Agriculture Roshan Lal, while addressing mushroom producers at a ‘Mushroom Mela’ (fair) at Murthal, 200 km from Chandigarh, said the Haryana government will seek loans at the interest rate of four percent for mushroom producers as provided to other agriculturists.
Lal said that the central government will also be urged to provide gypsum used for the cultivation of mushrooms at subsidised rates.
Mushroom producers of Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh participated in the fair.
Lal said that various schemes were being launched to promote mushroom farming and all out efforts would be made to provide the same facilities to the mushroom cultivators as to other agriculturists.
“There is a need to shift from traditional crops to more remunerative crops in view of the limited agricultural land,” Lal said.
- Himachal farmers going organic - 25,000 of them - Jan 18, 2012
- Haryana seeks Rs.1,275 per quintal minimum price for wheat - May 10, 2010
- Himachal launches crop insurance scheme - Jul 13, 2011
- PM assures farmers that their interests will be protected - Mar 08, 2011
- Medicinal herbs replace cannabis growing in Himachal - May 11, 2011
- Cotton libraries to be set up in Haryana - Aug 14, 2010
- Haryana seeks Rs.4,050 crore from centre for drought relief - Aug 10, 2012
- Rekindling the magic of Kashmir's saffron tale - Nov 07, 2011
- Haryana looks at newer pastures for farming - Jan 01, 2011
- Jammu and Kashmir Govt.'s aid to mushroom cultivators yields bumper crop - Jan 29, 2010
- 'Farmers should be given loans at four percent' - Dec 15, 2010
- Agriculture reform at heart of Pranab's budget - Feb 28, 2011
- Haryana university to generate own power - Apr 28, 2012
- 'Allow wheat exports to Pakistan, CIS countries' - Apr 24, 2012
- Punjab to have rural godowns to store food grains - Aug 21, 2010
Tags: agricultural land, agriculture, central government, government official, gypsum, haryana government, interest rate, loan options, loans, madhya pradesh, mushroom farming, mushroom growers, mushroom producers, mushrooms, principal secretary, punjab, roshan lal, traditional crops