Haryana wants minimum support price for paddy hikedJune 21st, 2008 - 6:36 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 21 (IANS) Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Saturday urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to hike the minimum support price (MSP) for paddy to at least Rs.1,200 per quintal from the already announced rate of Rs.850. In a letter to the prime minister, Hooda said the MSP for coarse variety of paddy should be RS.1,200 per quintal, Rs.1,300 for fine quality and Rs.1,400 for the super fine quality.
Hooda urged the prime minister to make an early announcement for hiking the paddy MSP so that more farmers sow paddy. He said this will contribute to the foodgrains stock of the country and also help exports.
Hooda demanded that the ban on export on Pusa-1121 variety of rice imposed by the central government last year should also be lifted. He pointed out that the Pusa-1121 variety rice is quite similar to the Basmati rice and was not consumed by the common man.
He said lifting the ban on export of this rice variety will help farmers earn more. He said this variety was not part of the government’s public distribution system (PDS) and the ban was not justified.
- Hooda seeks Rs.200 bonus on paddy - Oct 06, 2011
- Organic basmati the new buzz among Jammu farmers - Jul 02, 2012
- Cabinet hikes rice purchase price to Rs.1,280 per quintal - Jun 14, 2012
- Haryana seeks Rs.1,800 MSP for paddy - Feb 17, 2012
- Haryana paddy procurement to begin Oct 1 - Sep 22, 2011
- Akali Dal rejects hike in paddy, cotton MSP - Jun 01, 2012
- Badal asks PM to relax paddy procurement norms - Oct 24, 2010
- Lift cotton export ban, demand Vidarbha farmers - Feb 27, 2011
- Hooda seeks Rs.100 a quintal paddy bonus - Oct 26, 2009
- Akali Dal slams insufficient paddy support price hike - Jun 10, 2011
- Badal protests meagre hike in paddy support price - Jun 10, 2010
- Five farmers commit suicide in Vidarbha - Sep 02, 2011
- Badal rejects new minimum price for wheat - Oct 08, 2011
- Farmers' shutdown hits life in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Nov 25, 2009
- Seven more Vidarbha farmers commit suicide in last 48 hours - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: basmati rice, central government, chief minister, common man, farmers, hooda, june 21, manmohan, manmohan singh, msp, paddy, pds, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, public distribution system, quintal, rice variety, rs 1, stock, variety of rice