Haryana wants central funding for NCR areaDecember 27th, 2011 - 6:33 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 27 (IANS) The Haryana government has urged the National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB) to consider funding various projects in all 26 urban local bodies (ULBs) falling in the National Capital Region (NCR) sub-region of the state.
The demand has been raised by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda for works relating to water supply, solid waste management, roads and improvement of street lights under the city development plans, a spokesman said here Tuesday.
He said that development plans of these local bodies have been prepared by the Haryana government.
“The financial gap to meet the present infrastructure deficit in these 26 ULBs has been estimated at Rs.2,776 crore,” the spokesman said.
The Haryana government has made it clear to the central government that it will not be able to bear the high costs of projects like the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) for the Delhi-Gurgaon-Rewari-Alwar and Delhi-Panipat sections.
The state has sought 100 percent central funding for the Delhi-Gurgaon-Rewari-Alwar corridor, the cost of which has been worked out to be Rs.25,150 crore (including land cost) for a stretch of 158 km.
The state government has also sought the Delhi Metro to be linked to industrial townships like Kundli, Sonepat, Bahadurgarh and others in the NCR region.
- Nod for rapid transit system in three NCR corridors - Nov 06, 2011
- UP mulls Rapid Transit System from Delhi to Meerut - May 10, 2012
- Master Plan clears way for home buyers in Noida Extension - Aug 24, 2012
- Rs.23 crore sanctioned to upgrade security in NCR - Feb 09, 2010
- Haryana to reserve 10 percent industrial plots for NRIs - Jan 10, 2011
- Germany to invest more in Haryana - Jul 20, 2010
- 4.9 quake shakes Delhi, suburbs (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Haryana to set up new industrial estates - Dec 14, 2010
- Haryana allots land to 25 projects worth Rs.3,500 crore - Jun 27, 2010
- Key panel clears way for home buyers in Noida Extension - Jun 28, 2012
- Haryana to spend Rs.15 bn on health infrastructure - Apr 06, 2010
- Don't worry, passport office at ITO by mid-January - Dec 23, 2011
- 4.9 quake shakes Delhi, suburbs (Third Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Haryana's industry scene is a 'mini-Japan' - Jan 23, 2011
- Mild quake in UP, aftershocks in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: alwar, bahadurgarh, bhupinder singh hooda, central government, chandigarh, chief minister, delhi metro, financial gap, gap, gurgaon, haryana government, ncr, panipat, planning board, rapid transit system, rewari, rrts, rs 2, solid waste management, townships