Haryana to set up Japanese township near RohtakNovember 9th, 2010 - 11:40 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 9 (IANS) Having attracted investments running into billions of dollars from the Japanese industry, the Haryana government Tuesday announced that it would set up a Japanese township in the state.
The Japanese township would be set up near Madina village in Rohtak district, 60 km from New Delhi, along national highway (NH) No. 10, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda told Canon India Pvt Ltd president and CEO Kensaku Konishi, who called on him Tuesday.
Konishi met Hooda and Governor Jagannath Pahadia to mark the achievement of the company’s Rs.10 billion (Rs.1,000 crore) annual turnover in India.
Canon’s India headquarters is situated in Gurgaon in Haryana, adjoining national capital New Delhi.
The Japanese entrepreneurs told Hooda that although the maximum investment from Japan is in Haryana, still more investors and entrepreneurs are interested in investing in the state. They requested the chief minister to provide more land to accommodate the new investment.
Agreeing to their request, Hooda said that the feasible study would be got conducted for the setting up of the township shortly.
Leading Japanese companies like Suzuki, Honda, Canon and others have set up and expanded their industrial base in Haryana, particularly in the national capital region (NCR) of Gurgaon and Manesar.
- Haryana's industry scene is a 'mini-Japan' - Jan 23, 2011
- Haryana plans new automobile hub - Jan 10, 2011
- Haryana gets Rs 4,700 crore industrial investment - Apr 23, 2012
- Germany to invest more in Haryana - Jul 20, 2010
- Haryana to set up new industrial estates - Dec 14, 2010
- Canon to open 300 outlets across India's small towns - Nov 22, 2011
- Haryana opens up new industrial township near Rohtak - Jul 18, 2010
- Panasonic to invest Rs.10 bn on Haryana factory - Feb 20, 2011
- Ethiopia seeks Haryana's help on industrial township - Feb 02, 2011
- Haryana to reserve 10 percent industrial plots for NRIs - Jan 10, 2011
- Haryana clears 28 projects worth Rs.2,500 crore - Mar 21, 2011
- Maruti to invest Rs.1,700 crore in Manesar plant: Haryana minister - Aug 24, 2012
- Haryana offers help to devastated Japan - Mar 15, 2011
- Panasonic to invest $220 mn in Haryana - Jan 12, 2012
- Haryana to set up eco-city in Manesar - Nov 22, 2010
Tags: annual turnover, billions of dollars, chandigarh, chief minister, gurgaon, haryana government, hooda, india pvt ltd, investments, jagannath, japanese companies, japanese entrepreneurs, japanese industry, konishi, manesar, maximum investment, ncr, New Delhi, rohtak, rs 1