Haryana to post police battalion in ManesarAugust 1st, 2012 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 1 (IANS) The Haryana government will station a police battalion in Manesar where violence blamed on workers at the Maruti-Suzuki factory left an officer dead.
The government move is aimed at instilling a sense of security among owners and managements of industries, a police officer said Wednesday.
Director General of Police Ranjiv Dalal said the battalion will be stationed in the industrial area of Manesar to ensure that police was easily available in case of labour unrest or violence in the area.
He said until now police reinforcements had to be rushed to Manesar, 45 km from Delhi, from Gurgaon city.
The car manufacturing plant of Maruti-Suzuki saw large-scale violence last month which left a senior manager dead and nearly 100 others injured.
Dalal said the battalion would be headed by Commandant Yogender Singh Nehra. “This battalion will help maintain law and order in Manesar and it will not be used for any other purpose,” he said.
- 10 Maruti union leaders arrested - Aug 01, 2012
- Maruti to invest Rs.1,700 crore in Manesar plant: Haryana minister - Aug 24, 2012
- Maruti not shifting from Haryana, Bhargava assures Hooda - Jul 23, 2012
- Haryana to recruit 11,000 constables - Sep 10, 2012
- SIT to probe fresh violence in Maruti Manesar plant (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Maruti not to abandon Manesar plant, says Bhargava (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Sacked Maruti workers mull strategy with trade unions - Aug 31, 2012
- Suzuki caught in four-hour traffic jam - Aug 27, 2012
- Maruti management thanks locals for support - Aug 16, 2012
- Mahapanchayat demands CBI probe into Maruti violence - Jul 23, 2012
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Maruti to decide on restarting Manesar plant - Aug 12, 2012
- Trade unions demand end of Maruti lockout, CBI probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Labour pains for Haryana government (Haryana Newsletter) - Jul 27, 2012
- Maruti incident will not hamper investments in Harayana: Hooda - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: chandigarh, commandant, dalal, director general, government move, gurgaon, haryana government, labour unrest, law and order, manesar, manufacturing plant, maruti suzuki, nehra, police battalion, police officer, police reinforcements, sense of security, suzuki, violence