Haryana to host World Economic Forum-India summitJune 22nd, 2012 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 22 (IANS) Haryana will host the World Economic Forum on India summit Nov 6-8 in Gurgaon, officials said here Friday.
The three-day summit, ‘From Deliberation to Transformation’, will be held in Gurgaon in partnership with the World Economic Forum, an independent global organisation which engages leaders from various sectors to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Sushant Palakurthi Rao, senior director, head of Asia, World Economic Forum, recently held a meeting with Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda in this regard.
“State government has appointed managing director of the Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructural Development Corporation (HSIIDC) Rajiv Arora as the nodal officer for this summit,” a government spokesperson said.
About 600 participants, including around 150 from abroad, are expected to attend the summit.
“State heads and leaders, leading entrepreneurs, policy makers and members of civil society would take part in the summit,” Rao said.
“The country is organising the World Economic Forum on India, previously known as the India Economic Summit, for the past 27 years. This is the first time when the summit will be held in Haryana,” he added.
The forum represents about 1,000 leading companies and 200 smaller businesses, mainly from the developing world.
“India holds the forum’s second largest base of member companies behind the US and ahead of China and Germany,” Rao said.
- India Economic Summit to address policy implementation - Nov 11, 2010
- India Economic Summit begins in Mumbai Saturday - Nov 10, 2011
- Haryana vows to improve facilities in cities - Sep 13, 2012
- Haryana's industry scene is a 'mini-Japan' - Jan 23, 2011
- Germany to invest more in Haryana - Jul 20, 2010
- Haryana's Manesar to be India's first eco-city - Apr 20, 2011
- HSIIDC to give plots against land acquisition - Aug 23, 2010
- Kerala has a lot to offer, Chandy tells business leaders (Lead, With images) - May 15, 2012
- Delhi, Haryana hope to attract investments at India-Japan summit - Sep 04, 2011
- Danish firm to set up cement equipment plant in Haryana - Mar 20, 2011
- Ethiopia seeks Haryana's help on industrial township - Feb 02, 2011
- Haryana to set up Japanese township near Rohtak - Nov 09, 2010
- Haryana offers land for cargo airport - Jul 29, 2012
- Gurgaon 'grooms' for daughters of Lalu Prasad, Sharad Yadav - Jan 11, 2012
- HSIIDC to set up food centre with Canadian collaboration - May 12, 2010
Tags: agendas, arora, asia world, chief minister, deliberation, developing world, economic summit, forum india, global organisation, government spokesperson, haryana state, hooda, infrastructural development, leading companies, managing director, member companies, nodal officer, rajiv, state government, world economic forum