Haryana to have ‘North-South’ corridorDecember 14th, 2010 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 14 (IANS) The Haryana government Tuesday announced that it will construct a 156-km long ‘North-South’ corridor highway through the state to connect it with other states.Haryana public works minister Randeep Surjewala said the project will stimulate economic growth in the most backward regions of the northern states.
The corridor will provide connectivity between states like Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra and north Indian states of Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir, he said.
He added that the Planning Commission had approved the project and agreed to fund 20 per cent of the total project cost of over Rs.12 billion (Rs.1,201.70 crore).
Starting from Rai Malikpur village on the Rajasthan-Haryana border, the corridor will connect National Highway (NH) No.8 (Delhi-Jaipur) with NH-10 (Delhi-Hisar).
- 151-km corridor to come up in Haryana - Nov 13, 2010
- Commercial vehicles in Haryana to have speed governors - Nov 25, 2010
- New route to connect Delhi-Ambala, Delhi-Jaipur highways - Apr 12, 2011
- Haryana expressway to de-congest Delhi traffic delayed again - Dec 23, 2010
- Haryana to invoke penalty for delayed expressway project - Nov 16, 2011
- Jats remain defiant, trains affected in parts of Haryana - Feb 21, 2012
- Jats finally call off agitation, remove blockade - Mar 12, 2012
- Maruti to invest Rs.1,700 crore in Manesar plant: Haryana minister - Aug 24, 2012
- Curfew in Hisar after Jats' violently protest for quota - Sep 14, 2010
- New trauma centres to be opened along highways - Apr 26, 2011
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Government clears three highway projects - Jan 12, 2012
- Nod to highway projects worth Rs.4,814 crore - Mar 01, 2012
- Government approves 15 highway projects worth Rs.15,680 crore - Nov 16, 2011
- Hooda pulls up officials for expressway construction delay (Lead) - Apr 17, 2010
Tags: economic growth, gujarat, haryana government, himachal pradesh, hisar, indian states, jaipur, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, maharashtra, northern states, planning commission, punjab, rajasthan, randeep, rs 1, south corridor