Haryana to get Mobile Number PortabilityNovember 24th, 2010 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 24 (IANS) Mobile phone subscribers in Haryana will be the first in the country to be able to retain their mobile numbers even after shifting to another service provider as Mobile Number Portability (MNP) service will be launched in the state Thursday.
The service will be launched in Haryana’s Rohtak district by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
According to telecom department officials, it will take four days for transfer to the new service provider after the filing of application by the subscriber.
The MNP will be gradually implemented in the remaining circles of the country in a phased manner.
MNP has been delayed three times in the past as telecom operators said they did not have the requisite infrastructure to provide the service.
“To change the service provider, customers will have to send an SMS to 1900. Following this, they will receive a unique porting code, which they require to fill in the application form,” said a telecom department official.
People in Haryana were quite upbeat about the implementation of MNP.
“It is a matter of pride that MNP will be first introduced in Haryana. It will give us the liberty to switch to the better service provider of our choice, without changing the number,” Abhishek Joshi, an engineering student from Panchkula town, told IANS.
- Over 50 mn opted for mobile number portability till May - Jul 05, 2012
- 32.79 mn subscribers opt for mobile number portability - Mar 06, 2012
- 45.89 mn subscribers opted for MNP till April: TRAI - Jun 27, 2012
- 59.31 mn subscribers opted for MNP till July: TRAI - Sep 09, 2012
- 25.84 mn subscribers opt for mobile number portability - Jan 09, 2012
- 29.24 mn subscribers opt for mobile number portability - Jan 30, 2012
- Mobile number portability to be rolled out Thursday - Nov 22, 2010
- TRAI to fine operators for contravening MNP rules - Sep 19, 2012
- Over 180.59 lakh opt for mobile number portability - Oct 20, 2011
- Over 85 lakh go for new mobile number - Jun 14, 2011
- Over 64 lakh users opt for mobile number portability - Apr 29, 2011
- Over 41 mn mobile users want to change operators - May 03, 2012
- Over 155 lakh customers opt for mobile number portability - Sep 09, 2011
- You can change your mobile operator but retain number - Nov 25, 2010
- Over 38 lakh users opt for mobile number portability - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: application form, bhupinder singh, chandigarh, chief minister, circles, department officials, engineering student, joshi, matter of pride, mnp, mobile number, mobile numbers, mobile phone subscribers, number portability, requisite infrastructure, rohtak district, service provider customers, telecom department, telecom operators, three times