Haryana to fast-track early bird projects on industrial corridorDecember 23rd, 2009 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 23 (IANS) The Haryana government Wednesday announced that it has decided to put its “early bird projects” within the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) sub-region of Haryana on the fast track mode for speedier implementation.
Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) managing director Rajeev Arora said a meeting of HSIIDC chairman Chhatar Singh and DMIC consultants (Jurong and KPMG-led consortium) gave a presentation on various reports of the Early Bird Project.
He said that the state government had identified four Early Bird Projects to be implemented as a pilot initiative within the DMIC region, which includes Mass Rapid Transportation System between Gurgaon-Manesar-Bawal, exhibition-cum-convention centre, integrated multi-modal logistics hub and new passenger rail link.
He said the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation Limited (DMICDC), the special purpose vehicle (SPV) floated by the government of India for implementing the DMIC projects, had appointed the consultant for undertaking a study on the master plan for the Manesar-Bawal Investment Region (MBIR) and undertaking pre-feasibility studies for two early bird projects.
Arora pointed out that in the report submitted by DMIC consultants for the Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre, space requirement of about 15 million square meters had been estimated by the year 2025 within the MBIR. The consultants had also short-listed a location in Gurgaon after studying about eight prospective sites.
Two early bird projects, the exhibition-cum-convention centre and integrated multi-modal logistics hub, will be started in 2010 itself, Arora added.
- Haryana to invest over Rs.1,200 crore in industrial land - Mar 14, 2010
- HSIIDC to give plots against land acquisition - Aug 23, 2010
- Ethiopia seeks Haryana's help on industrial township - Feb 02, 2011
- Haryana's Manesar to be India's first eco-city - Apr 20, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh initiates work on freight corridor - Jun 02, 2012
- Haryana plans new automobile hub - Jan 10, 2011
- Haryana clears 28 projects worth Rs.2,500 crore - Mar 21, 2011
- Phase I of Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor by 2018: Sharma - Apr 30, 2010
- Haryana allots land to 25 projects worth Rs.3,500 crore - Jun 27, 2010
- Danish firm to set up cement equipment plant in Haryana - Mar 20, 2011
- Gurgaon-Manesar belt declared auto-hub - Dec 09, 2011
- Haryana opens up new industrial township near Rohtak - Jul 18, 2010
- Haryana's industry scene is a 'mini-Japan' - Jan 23, 2011
- Partner Japan to have 26 percent stake in DMIC - Apr 30, 2012
- Haryana extends amnesty scheme for industry - Sep 05, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,