Haryana to create more foodgrain storageJune 20th, 2012 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 20 (IANS) The Haryana government will create additional storage capacity of 22 lakh tonnes within a year following record foodgrain production, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said Wednesday.
“We have asked procurement agencies to expedite the creation of additional foodgrain storage capacity and set up new godowns,” the chief minister said here.
The Haryana Warehousing Corp would set up storage facility for seven tonnes, the Haryana Agro Industries Corporation for one tonne and the Food and Supplies Department for four tonnes, Hooda said.
“In Haryana, covered godown area of 13.70 lakh tonne capacity is in an advanced stage of construction. These will be completed before March 31, 2013,” he said.
Currently Haryana has a storage capacity for 84.23 lakh tonnes. The state government procured 86.65 lakh tonnes of wheat this year.
- Foodgrain pile up scare in Punjab - Apr 04, 2012
- Fresh 152 lakh tonnes foodgrain storage capacity planned - Jul 15, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana stare at foodgrain wastage again, seek help - Jul 22, 2011
- Wheat storage crunch in three states - Sep 05, 2011
- PM's panel to review food storage problem - May 03, 2012
- Punjab seeks PM's intervention on food grain storage - Apr 06, 2011
- Punjab to get 50 lakh tonnes storage capacity - May 06, 2011
- FCI asked to create 15 MT additional storage capacity - Sep 16, 2011
- Budget: Mega food parks to help in storage - Feb 28, 2011
- Where to stock bumper harvest? Punjab, Haryana in quandary - May 17, 2012
- Haryana to get wheat award - Jul 04, 2011
- India's biggest grain warehouse in Punjab soon - Dec 10, 2011
- Wheat procurement in Punjab, Haryana crosses 90 lakh tonnes - Apr 25, 2011
- 'No action by centre to probe foodgrain rotting in godowns' - Aug 13, 2010
- India to export 2 million tonnes of wheat - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: agro industries, bhupinder singh hooda, chief minister, godown, haryana government, one tonne, procurement agencies, production chief, state government, storage capacity, storage facility, tonnes, wheat