Haryana sets up cell for foreign investment, NRIsApril 18th, 2011 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 18 (IANS) The Haryana government has decided to set up a ‘Foreign Investment and Non Resident Indian (NRI) Cell’ to attract foreign investment and redress problems faced by NRIs from the state, an official said here Monday.
A spokesman of the industries and commerce department said the Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) had been designated as the nodal agency for investment-related matters.
The state’s home department will act as the nodal agency for redressing NRIs’ grievances relating to property, marital disputes, law and order and other areas.
“The cell would also create its web portal ‘Connect Haryana Forum’ to act as the single point contact for NRIs and PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin) and also for building up the necessary database,” he added.
- Haryana to reserve 10 percent industrial plots for NRIs - Jan 10, 2011
- Punjab to launch card for NRIs - Jul 30, 2012
- Booklets provide guidance to women dumped by NRI spouses - Feb 03, 2012
- Respond to NRI complaints, Punjab officials told - Jul 23, 2011
- Haryana first with web portal for public grievances - Jun 18, 2010
- NRIs to woo foreign investors to Haryana - Mar 31, 2011
- A non-resident Indian can remit $1 mn from property sales (NRI Watch) - Dec 19, 2010
- Haryana to host World Economic Forum-India summit - Jun 22, 2012
- Overseas Indian affairs ministry rapped for inadequate data - May 08, 2012
- Nationalised banks declare attractive schemes to lure PIOs, NRIs - Jan 09, 2011
- China to inject $157 mn in film, media projects - Jul 10, 2012
- Post-budget, NRIs have to spend more in India (Comment) - Mar 06, 2011
- Haryana students to be made aware on NRI marriages - Apr 25, 2012
- HSIIDC to give plots against land acquisition - Aug 23, 2010
- NRI 'black list' needs review: Punjab minister - Jan 03, 2011
Tags: chandigarh, commerce department, foreign investment, grievances, haryana government, haryana state, hsiidc, indian origin, infrastructure development, law and order, marital disputes, nodal agency, pios, redress, single point, spokesman, web portal