Haryana seeks Rs.1,275 per quintal minimum price for wheatMay 10th, 2010 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 10 (IANS) Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Monday urged the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP) to fix Rs.1,275 per quintal as the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for wheat while framing the price policy for rabi crops in 2010-11 to be marketed during 2011-12.
The recommendation to the CACP for higher MSP has been made in view of the increase in cost of cultivation of the crop, a state government spokesman said here.
The central government had fixed the MSP on wheat at Rs.1,100 this year, even though farmers and the Punjab government were seeking the MSP at Rs.1,500-1,600 this year itself.
“The Haryana government has also recommended Rs.975 per quintal as MSP of barley, Rs.2,850 per quintal for gram and Rs.2,450 per quintal for rabi oilseeds (rapeseed or mustard). The state government is continuously pressing the central government to enhance the MSP for uplifting the economic status of the farmers by giving them remunerative prices of their produce,” the spokesman added.
Farmers and state governments have been seeking higher MSP based on variable and fixed costs of cultivation.
The variable costs are human and machine labour, seeds, fertilizer, irrigation, pesticide, insecticide and weedicides. The calculation of fixed costs comprised rent of land owned, rent paid for leased land, land taxes and cess, depreciation on implements and farm building and some miscellaneous items, the spokesman added.
As per the calculations of both the fixed and variable costs, the cost of cultivation of wheat would increase by 0.6 percent in the next rabi season as compared to cost of cultivation of the year 2009-10.
- Minimum support prices for pulses, wheat raised - Oct 20, 2010
- MSP hiked to boost food production - Oct 25, 2011
- Haryana seeks Rs.1,800 MSP for paddy - Feb 17, 2012
- Centre's bonus on wheat unjustified: Badal - Apr 16, 2011
- Cabinet decides to raise minimum support price for Rabi crop - Oct 20, 2010
- Badal rejects new minimum price for wheat - Oct 08, 2011
- Pay Rs.1,800 per quintal of wheat: Badal - Oct 24, 2011
- Hooda seeks Rs.200 bonus on paddy - Oct 06, 2011
- Akali Dal rejects hike in paddy, cotton MSP - Jun 01, 2012
- Minimum support price for wheat raised - Jan 29, 2009
- Cabinet hikes rice purchase price to Rs.1,280 per quintal - Jun 14, 2012
- Purchase price for pulses hiked - Aug 03, 2012
- Badal slams meagre hike in wheat support price - Oct 21, 2010
- Working group finds MSP calculation flawed, unscientific - Aug 31, 2010
- CPSEs should need mandatory listing of 10 per cent public ownership: Govt. - Nov 05, 2009
Tags: barley, cacp, central government, chief minister, depreciation, economic status, fertilizer, government spokesman, haryana government, hooda, insecticide, land taxes, msp, oilseeds, punjab government, rabi crops, rabi season, rapeseed, state governments, variable costs