Haryana seeks prime minister’s intervention in metro projectJune 21st, 2009 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 21 (IANS) The Haryana government has sought the intervention of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to get an early clearance for the Rs.20.8 billion (Rs.2,082 crore) Delhi-Faridabad metro project from the Delhi government.
“The detailed project report of Delhi-Faridabad metro project, having a length of 13.875 km, was prepared by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRCL). This project was approved by Haryana government in March 2007,” said a spokesperson of the state government here Sunday.
“The project was also approved by the DMRCL in December 2007, but concurrence of the government of NCT of Delhi is still awaited despite regular reminders by the state government,” he added.
“Therefore Bhupinder Singh Hooda, chief minister of the state had called the prime minister in New Delhi Saturday and sought his intervention for an early clearance of this project,” the spokesperson said, adding that the metro project is of immense significance not only for Haryana, but also for the nation, as it will improve connectivity within the national capital region (NCR).
About the Delhi-Gurgaon metro project, the spokesperson said that it would be operational at a cost of Rs.6.9 billion (Rs. 688 crore) in January 2010, well in time before the Commonwealth Games.
The Haryana government has also urged the central government to bear the entire cost of this metro project through the ministry of urban development.
- Haryana approves Rs 15.88 bn metro link to Faridabad - Aug 09, 2010
- Construction work on Badarpur-Faridabad Metro link begins - Mar 28, 2012
- Faridabad to come on Delhi Metro line - Mar 25, 2012
- Sreedharan inspects proposed Faridabad Metro corridor - Apr 29, 2011
- Central government unable to supervise all metro rail projects - Dec 07, 2011
- DMRC signs MoU with Haryana for Badarpur-Faridabad link - Mar 26, 2012
- Haryana wants central funding for NCR area - Dec 27, 2011
- Karnataka okays second phase of Bangalore Metro - Nov 10, 2010
- Hyderabad Metro to cost over Rs.14,000 crore - Aug 08, 2012
- Nod to Yamuna Action Plan's third phase for Delhi - Dec 01, 2011
- Cabinet approves Kochi Metro (Second Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- HCC among 10 global companies for green initiative - Jun 20, 2012
- NOIDA authority nod to Botanical Garden-Kalindi Kunj link - Jul 10, 2012
- Drinking water for Delhi: Chief secretaries to meet - Jun 30, 2012
- Government clears three highway projects - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: chief minister, commonwealth games, delhi government, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, detailed project, faridabad, government of nct of delhi, gurgaon, haryana government, hooda, immense significance, manmohan, manmohan singh, metro project, nct of delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rs 2, rs 6