Haryana paddy procurement to begin Oct 1September 22nd, 2011 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Sep 22 (IANS) Paddy procurement in Haryana will begin from Oct 1, a minister said Thursday, adding that all arrangements had been made for smooth procurement.
State Food and Supplies Minister Mahender Partap Singh said nearly 48 lakh tonnes of paddy is likely to arrive in grain markets across Haryana this season (October-December).
Of this, about 20 lakh tonnes of paddy will be of basmati and superior varieties and the remaining 28 lakh tonnes of levy varieties, he said.
“The state government is committed to make the payments to the farmers within 48-72 hours of the sale of their produce. For this, sufficient cash credit limit for purchase of paddy and bajra was being arranged from Reserve Bank of India,” Singh said.
He said the administration and concerned officials in all 21 districts had been directed to ensure that the procured paddy is lifted from grain markets immediately.
According to the minister, the minimum support price (MSP) for common variety of paddy had been fixed as Rs.1,080 per quintal and for Grade ‘A’ paddy as Rs.1,110 per quintal.
- Punjab, Haryana paddy procurement begins Saturday - Sep 30, 2011
- Haryana seeks Rs.1,800 MSP for paddy - Feb 17, 2012
- Hooda seeks Rs.200 bonus on paddy - Oct 06, 2011
- More paddy produced in Haryana this year - Dec 05, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana procure over 112 lakh tonnes of paddy - Oct 28, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana procure 96 lakh tonnes paddy - Oct 24, 2011
- Paddy procurement in Haryana at all-time high - Dec 29, 2011
- Jharkhand sets up 500 paddy procurement centres - Aug 05, 2011
- Akali Dal rejects hike in paddy, cotton MSP - Jun 01, 2012
- Bihar procures 16 lakh tonnes of paddy - Mar 16, 2012
- Jharkhand produces record Kharif crop - Jan 29, 2012
- Chhattisgarh eyes 5.5 mn tonnes paddy procurement - Nov 24, 2011
- Chhattisgarh farmers earn record money in paddy sale - Feb 25, 2012
- Cabinet hikes rice purchase price to Rs.1,280 per quintal - Jun 14, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana procure over 150 lakh tonnes wheat - May 01, 2012
Tags: bajra, bank of india, farmers, grain markets, lakh tonnes, levy, mahender, minimum support price, msp, paddy procurement, partap singh, quintal, reserve bank of india, rs 1, state food, state government