Haryana officers booked for loss to stateMay 21st, 2012 - 10:53 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 21 (IANS) Three engineers, working for the Haryana government, have been charge-sheeted for having caused a loss running into crores of rupees to the state exchequer, a spokesman said here Monday.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has ordered that two executive engineers and a sub divisional engineer of the Public Works (Building and Roads) Department be charge-sheeted for dereliction of duty and conduct unbecoming of a government officer and causing a huge loss to the state exchequer, the spokesman said.
The officers are posted at Nuh, the headquarters of the newly-created district of Mewat, 350 km from here.
Accusing one executive engineer, D.P. Mittal, of embezzlement and irregularities, the state government has said that he “was found responsible for breach of trust, mala fide intention and misuse of power. Thus, he caused a total direct loss or embezzlement of Rs.438.36 lakh (over Rs.4.38 crore) and indirect loss or misappropriation of Rs.1755.17 lakh (over Rs.17.55 crore) to the state exchequer”.
The other executive engineer, Ram Dhari, has been accused of committing lapses causing loss of crores of rupees to the state government.
The engineer had submitted wrong layout plans to the architecture department leading to a boundary wall being constructed in 41.89 acres instead of the acquired 46.55 acres for the construction of an administrative block, judicial block and circuit house at the mini-secretariat complex at Nuh. “The remaining land was not utilized due to the lapse,” the spokesman said.
The lapse also led to a situation where there was not enough space to build government houses and providing a proper site for the circuit house, he said.
The SDE, R.K. Mehta, was accused of causing a loss of nearly Rs.five crore to the state exchequer.
- Minister, officials took Rs.8.50 crore bribes in health scam - Aug 11, 2011
- CBI charge sheet against Uttar Pradesh ex-minister - May 31, 2012
- 2G scam: CBI to file first charge sheet against Raja, others - Mar 27, 2011
- 2G scam accused move court for TRAI report - Sep 06, 2011
- Supplementary charges filed in Andhra township case - Apr 23, 2012
- Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar's bail pleas dismissed (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Haryana to tax Gurgaon-Alwar road users more - Jul 27, 2011
- Not possible to predict 2G losses: TRAI - Sep 06, 2011
- PM, ministers decided against 2G auction: Kanimozhi (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- CBI files second chargesheet in Uttar Pradesh health scam - Apr 04, 2012
- Court convicts Sukhram in 1996 telecom case - Nov 18, 2011
- PM, ministers decided against 2G auction, says Kanimozhi - Aug 23, 2011
- CBI to file supplementary chargesheet in Emaar case - Apr 09, 2012
- CBI to file additional chargesheet in Emaar case (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 09, 2012
- Judicial remand for Pakistan ex-minister - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: architecture department, bhupinder singh hooda, boundary wall, breach of trust, conduct unbecoming, crore, crores, dereliction of duty, dhari, embezzlement, executive engineer, fide intention, government officer, haryana government, indirect loss, lakh, misappropriation, misuse of power, roads department, state exchequer