Haryana MP assures farmers on compensation for n-plantAugust 23rd, 2010 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 23 (IANS) Farmers would be given adequate compensation for their lands acquired for setting up a nuclear power plant in Fatehabad district of Haryana, parliament member Ashok Tanwar Monday assured a group of protesting farmers.
The farmers were holding a sit-in outside the mini secretariat at Fatehabad town, over 300 km from here, to protest acquisition of their lands in Gorakhpur-Kumharia village.
Tanwar, MP from Sirsa, told the farmers that all their fears on land acquisition and compensation would be redressed.
“The government of India has sanctioned only one nuclear power plant for the whole of northern India, and this plant would be set up at village Gorakhpur-Kumharia. Nearly 1,400 acres would be acquired and the process of land acquisition has already been started,” Tanwar added.
With the setting up of the power plant, the state would get additional power and it will bring development in Fatehabad area.
“The area of village Gorakhpur and Kumharia would be linked with the whole of the world and a number of new projects would be set up here benefitting the people of this area, including creating jobs,” he added.
The nuclear power plant would be set up at a cost of Rs.12,000 crore.
- Haryana MP defends nuclear power plant - Jun 08, 2011
- Work on controversial n-power plant to begin Thursday - Sep 05, 2012
- Despite protests, Haryana to acquire land for nuclear plant - Apr 18, 2011
- Haryana farmers oppose land acquisition for nuke plant - Sep 09, 2011
- Haryana to have nuclear energy centre - Jul 03, 2010
- Haryana offers two sites for second nuclear power plant - Jun 22, 2011
- Nuclear power or not? Leaders fight it out (Haryana Newsletter) - Jul 20, 2012
- Bihar Govt. will not tolerate damage to railway property, says Nitish Kumar - Jan 17, 2011
- Black Diwali for these Punjab villagers - Oct 26, 2011
- Singur land act held valid, Singur farmers celebrate - Sep 29, 2011
- 'Fertile land won't be acquired for power plants' - Sep 05, 2012
- Villagers continue to agitate over proposed Jaitapur nuke power project - Feb 27, 2011
- 'Haryana n-plant completely safe' - Dec 03, 2009
- Greater Noida farmers oppose new move to take their land - Jul 23, 2011
- Noida land acquisition row: Apex court notice to UP, Noida (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: additional power, adequate compensation, ashok, farmers, fears, government of india, haryana, jobs, land acquisition, mp, new projects, northern india, nuclear power plant, parliament, parliament member, secretariat, sirsa