Haryana increases minimum wages for workersAugust 20th, 2010 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 20 (IANS) The Haryana government Friday raised the minimum wages of workers in the state by Rs.134 retrospectively from July 1.
Announcing this, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said the increase would benefit more than 11 lakh (1.1 million) people working in factories, shops, dhabas, small undertakings and brick kilns.
“The consumer index was reviewed after every six month in January and July and the minimum wages were determined as per increase or decrease in the consumer index,” said Hooda.
Nearly 750,000 (7.5 lakh) workers are working in about 10,500 large and small scale industries and 400,000 (4 lakh) people were working in the shops, dhabas and small undertakings.
Giving details, Labour and Employment Minister Mahender Pratap Singh said the unskilled labourers in the state would now get a minimum wage of Rs.4,348.21 per month or Rs.167.23 per day.
Semi-skilled workers (A-category) would get Rs.4,478.21 per month or Rs.172.23 daily, semi-skilled (B-category) Rs.4,608.21 per month or Rs.177.23 daily.
Skilled labourers (A) would now get minimum wage of Rs.4,738.21 per month or Rs.182.23 daily and skilled (B) would get Rs.4,868.21 per month and Rs.187.23 daily.
Highly skilled workers would get Rs.4,998.21 per month or Rs.192.23 daily.
- Hike in Delhi labourers wages - Apr 25, 2012
- Minimum monthly wages in Delhi hiked by 15 percent - Feb 23, 2011
- Minimum wages increased to deal with price rise, says Sheila Dixit - Mar 20, 2010
- Indian Govt to set minimum wages for workers wanting to work in UAE - Feb 18, 2011
- Durga idol makers battle cost, labour shortage - Sep 13, 2011
- BMS plans rally in Delhi against fuel price hike - Nov 05, 2011
- 'Rural jobs scheme should have off period during agriculture season' - Mar 20, 2012
- Houseboat business struggles to stay afloat (Kerala Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- Indian embassy in UAE raises minimum wages for workers - Mar 15, 2011
- Haryana's Olympians to get Rs.11 lakh reward - Jun 01, 2012
- New wages for Dhaka's garment workers - Jul 30, 2010
- Pakistan raises minimum monthly wage - May 01, 2012
- Trade unions call nationwide strike Tuesday - Feb 23, 2012
- Nurses' strike: Court orders police protection for hospital (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Coal India 'almost' finalises wage accord with unions - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: 1 million, 192, brick kilns, chief minister, consumer index, employment minister, factories, haryana government, hooda, july 1, labour, labourers, minimum wage, minimum wages, pratap singh, skilled workers, small scale industries, undertakings