Haryana foodgrain production hits new highJune 2nd, 2009 - 9:35 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 2 (IANS) Haryana has achieved a new high in foodgrain production with an output of 10.08 million tonnes during 2008-09, an official spokesman said here Tuesday.
With wheat production increasing to 10.05 million tonnes in 2008-09 from 10.02 million tonnes in 2007-08, the state recorded an all-time high productivity of 42.68 quintals of wheat per hectare.
The production of mustard nearly doubled 598,000 tonnes in 2007-08 to about 1.01 million tonnes in 2008-09, agriculture department officials said here.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda complimented farmers and agriculture officials for the increased productivity.
As many as 6.91 million tonnes of wheat has arrived in Haryana’s grain markets this season (April-May).
This is 1.61 million tonnes more than the corresponding period of last year. Nearly 99 percent of this wheat was purchased by state and central government procurement agencies.
Last year, only 5.33 million tonnes of wheat had arrived in the grain markets across Haryana during the entire season.
- Crops not affected by temperature rise: Minister - Dec 03, 2010
- 2009-10 foodgrain production to be 218.2 million tonnes - Jul 19, 2010
- Insurance regulator slaps Rs.1.5 million fine on IndusInd Bank - Jul 06, 2012
- Haryana breaks all previous wheat procurement records - May 11, 2012
- Himachal invites food processing firms - Apr 07, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana head for bumper wheat crop - May 11, 2011
- No need for alarm on foodgrain situation: Minister - May 13, 2010
- Haryana to get wheat award - Jul 04, 2011
- Where to stock bumper harvest? Punjab, Haryana in quandary - May 17, 2012
- Nearly 58 lakh tonnes wheat arrives in Haryana grain markets - Apr 27, 2012
- Rice procurement by FCI three percent lower than last year - May 09, 2010
- Wheat arrivals remain low in Punjab markets - Apr 13, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana procure record 200 lakh tonnes of wheat - May 11, 2012
- Wheat storage crunch in three states - Sep 05, 2011
- India deepens trade ties with Burkina Faso - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: agriculture department, agriculture officials, central government, chandigarh, chief minister, department officials, entire season, farmers, government procurement, grain markets, hooda, increased productivity, mustard, procurement agencies, quintals, spokesman, tonnes, wheat production