Haryana farmers want their 350 acres back from DLFJuly 17th, 2012 - 12:17 am ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 16 (IANS) The residents of Wazirabad village have filled a public interest litigation (PIL) in the Punjab and Haryana High Court against allotment of around 350 acres prime land to the real estate giant DLF, that was acquired for public purpose by the Haryana government. The hearing will take place July 18, an official said.
Earlier, on February 9 this year, the division bench headed by then chief justice Ranjan Gogoi had issued notices to Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) and Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) on the land allotment to DLF.
DLF is developing villas and golf course on the land.
After that the court decided July 12 to seek the response of the state government and DLF on the issue, but due to the country wide strike of lawyers the court deferred the hearing to July 18.
The PIL was filed by Rajkumr Yadav and other residents of Wazirabad village, who alleged that acting on the instance of DLF, the Haryana government acquired the land for public purpose and then allotted it to the company.
First, 75 acres of land was acquired by HUDA through notification of Sep 8, 1997, and then around 275 acres of land was acquired by HSIIDC through notification of Aug 8, 2003.
The land was transferred to DLF Ltd. on February 9, 2010, on free hold basis.
- Haryana approves land pooling scheme for farmers - Jul 20, 2012
- In spotlight: Haryana's land acquisition policy - Aug 30, 2010
- Haryana villagers happy after Subhash Ghai's land allotment revoked - Sep 19, 2012
- Subhash Ghai's Haryana plot cancelled (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Farmers vandalise Haryana government office - Jul 16, 2012
- HSIIDC to give plots against land acquisition - Aug 23, 2010
- Subhash Ghai gets relief in Haryana land case - Mar 16, 2012
- Court quashes Haryana plot given to Subhash Ghai - Sep 11, 2012
- Can't fleece plot seekers, consumer court warns land agencies - Jul 26, 2012
- Court stays Subhash Ghai's Haryana land deal - May 29, 2012
- Haryana offers land for cargo airport - Jul 29, 2012
- Now spotlight on land acquisition in Ghaziabad - Jul 18, 2011
- Haryana invites suggestions for its 2025 plan - Oct 16, 2010
- Gurgaon villagers move court for return of land - Aug 02, 2011
- Hooda government on backfoot over land allotment - Aug 28, 2011
Tags: chief justice, division bench, dlf gurgaon, farmers, giant, gogoi, golf course, haryana government, hsiidc, huda, infrastructure development, land allotment, pil, prime land, public interest litigation, public purpose, punjab and haryana high court, ranjan, state government, urban development authority