Haryana farmers torch police stationJuly 22nd, 2012 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 22 (IANS) Farmers torched a police station, held several policemen hostage and blocked the Delhi-Jaipur highway Sunday as police opened fire to control protests against land acquisition in Haryana’s Rewari district, an official said.
The district administration official said that some farmers and policemen were injured in the incident near Bawal on National Highway 8, some 65 km from here.
The farmers set on fire the police station at Kasola, he said.
The agitating farmers held several policemen hostage and set more than a dozen vehicles on fire, including an ambulance. Police first cane charged the farmers and then opened fire, he said.
- 25 hurt as Haryana farmers' land stir turns violent (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 22, 2012
- Over 50 injured as Haryana farmers clash with police (Second Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Haryana's Rewari area calm, highway traffic restored - Jul 23, 2012
- After Rewari violence, Haryana stops land acquisition - Jul 26, 2012
- Farmers vandalise Haryana government office - Jul 16, 2012
- Six agitating farmers injured in clash with police - Mar 27, 2011
- Three killed in farmers-police gunbattle, clashes (Second Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Over 350 booked after Haryana farmers-cops clash - Jul 17, 2012
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Criminal case against Delhi-Jaipur highway builder - Aug 28, 2012
- Farmers stir turns violent, top official shot (Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Fourth Lead, correcting designation in para 4) - May 09, 2011
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Third Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Delhi man arrested for murdering friend - Mar 02, 2012
- Three killed, 15 injured in bus mishap near Gurgaon - Jul 10, 2012