Haryana farmers get Rs.10,697 crore for procured wheatMay 13th, 2012 - 7:19 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 13 (IANS) Having achieved the highest wheat production in the state since 1966, Haryana farmers are richer by Rs.10,697 crore - the procurement price paid to them for the produce.
Of the record over 83,25,781 tonnes of wheat reaching the state’s grain markets, over 83,25,000 tonnes have been procured by six government agencies, a spokesperson of the state food and supplies department said Sunday.
Around 463 tonnes of wheat have been purchased by private traders.
The Haryana government set up 374 procurement centres across the state to ensure hassle-free procurement of wheat.
The previous wheat procurement record of 69,28,000 tonnes was in 2011.
Haryana was created as a separate state Nov 1, 1966. Before that, its areas were part of Punjab.
The districts leading in wheat procurement include Sirsa, Karnal and Faridabad.
- Haryana breaks all previous wheat procurement records - May 11, 2012
- Wheat procurement in Punjab, Haryana crosses 90 lakh tonnes - Apr 25, 2011
- 100 lakh tonnes of wheat procured in Punjab, Haryana - Apr 26, 2011
- With bumper wheat crop, Punjab farmers rich by Rs.14,110 crore - May 11, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana head for bumper wheat crop - May 11, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana make it a wheat bumper crop season - May 17, 2011
- Where to stock bumper harvest? Punjab, Haryana in quandary - May 17, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana near 150 lakh tonne wheat procurement-mark - May 02, 2011
- Early summer heat will hit wheat yield - May 04, 2010
- Nearly 58 lakh tonnes wheat arrives in Haryana grain markets - Apr 27, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana procure record 200 lakh tonnes of wheat - May 11, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana paddy procurement begins Saturday - Sep 30, 2011
- Punjab procures nearly 103 lakh tonnes wheat - May 09, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana procure over 112 lakh tonnes of paddy - Oct 28, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana procure over 150 lakh tonnes of paddy - Nov 11, 2011