Haryana farmers get 8-hour power supply for rice sowingJune 16th, 2010 - 2:30 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 16 (IANS) Keeping in view the start of rice sowing season, the Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (UHBVN), a public sector power distribution agency, Wednesday began supplying electricity to agricultural tube wells for eight hours daily.
“UHBVN has decided to supply electricity to agriculture tube wells for eight hours everyday with immediate effect. It would continue till farmers require it. We have made banking arrangement of short-term supply of power during this peak season,” the UHBVN spokesman said here.
“Arrangement have been made keeping in view the annual load growth and an expected 10 per cent less rainfall during monsoon this year. It has been observed that eight hours of power supply daily to tube wells last year was sufficient for the agriculture sector and there was not a single case of damage to the crop,” he added.
He said UHBVN would monitor the availability and supply of power daily.
“UHBVN would also supply electricity to urban domestic consumers for 20 hours, to industrial consumers for 16 hours and to rural domestic consumers for 12 hours daily during different time slots,” he added.
- One-fourth of Gurgaon, Faridabad to get 24-hour power - May 14, 2012
- Haryana villagers made to pay for power - Aug 18, 2011
- Over 3.56 lakh lose power connections in Haryana - Apr 24, 2012
- Haryana to regularise illegal 'Kundi' power connections - Nov 18, 2010
- Haryana residents take to the streets over power woes - Jul 05, 2012
- Power bill waiver: Rs.3,900 crore arrears for Haryana - Feb 29, 2012
- Remote metres to keep tab on big Haryana industries - Aug 13, 2010
- Over 400,000 to lose power connections in Haryana - May 05, 2010
- Rs.411 mn recovered from Haryana power consumers - Aug 27, 2010
- Power will be a bit cheaper in Haryana from July 1 - Jun 23, 2010
- Haryana asks ITES units to change power connections - Apr 27, 2011
- Haryana to launch drive to recover power dues - Dec 03, 2010
- Haryana consumers to get power bill on SMS - Mar 05, 2011
- Now, electricity sub-stations that work through remote! - Nov 23, 2010
- 150,000 power connections cut off in Haryana - Dec 25, 2009
Tags: agriculture sector, different time, distribution agency, domestic consumers, eight hours, electricity, farmers, industrial consumers, monsoon, peak season, power distribution, power supply, public sector, rainfall, spokesman, time slots, tube wells, uhbvn