HarperCollins launches business imprintApril 8th, 2009 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 8 (IANS) Publishing house HarperCollins Wednesday launched its business imprint “Collins Business” with its original title, “Making Breakthrough Innovation Happen - 11 Indians Who Pulled Off the Impossible” by Porus Munshi.
The aim was to bring more indigenous business books in the Indian market, the publishers said.
“Making Breakthrough” is a collection of 11 case studies of trend-setters in key areas ranging from the slimmest watch in the world to bringing civic sense in the city, said a press statement issued by the publishing house Wednesday.
Krishna Chopra, publisher and chief editor of Collins Business, said the imprint reflected the creative verve and the new global business environment as it competes with and wins against the best in the world.
“Most business books in the market are American or British imports. There is a need for Indian books with local case studies. Collins Business aims to meet that need. At the same time, Collins Business will bring the best of international publishing relevant in the Indian context,” Chopra said.
HarperCollins chief executive P.N. Sukumar said Collins Business would contribute to at least 10 percent of the total list of titles published each year. “We are looking at an average of 5,000 copies for titles released under this imprint,” Sukumar said.
Some of the forthcoming titles include “Branding India: An Incredible Story”, “Strategic Intuition: The Creative Spark in Human Achievement”, “More than You Know: Finding Financial Wisdom in Unconventional Places”, and “Breakthrough Initiative”, the statement said.
- Harper Collins India wins Asia Publishing Award - Jul 08, 2011
- Books for India's young adults turn new page - Mar 05, 2011
- Mukul Deva's novel inspires new action thriller - Jun 29, 2011
- Indian American Siddhartha Mukherjee bags Pulitzer - Apr 19, 2011
- Sarah Palin's book 'America by Heart' fails to impress - Dec 11, 2010
- Magic and vampires stir India's young adult literature (Feature) - Jul 13, 2011
- Gawker ordered to remove Palin book excerpts - Nov 21, 2010
- Pakistani writer Naqvi to tour India - Jun 30, 2011
- Five books published in India on Commonwealth shortlist - Apr 26, 2012
- Pippa to write book on being party hostess - Oct 30, 2011
- India yet to see French style niche publishing - Feb 28, 2012
- Cheryl Cole to pen autobiography - Jul 07, 2012
- Tatum O'Neal memoir is in the pipeline - Feb 15, 2011
- Bieber, 16, to release illustrated memoir about his success story - Aug 03, 2010
- Candace Bushnell signs a novel publishing deal with Harper Collins - Apr 12, 2011
Tags: british imports, business books, chief editor, chopra, civic sense, financial wisdom, forthcoming titles, global business environment, human achievement, indian books, indian context, indigenous business, international publishing, intuition, key areas, krishna, porus, publishing house, sukumar, trend setters